Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > The positive side of the ammo shortage.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2013, 11:29 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1423 Times on 819 Posts
Likes Given: 995

Default The positive side of the ammo shortage.

Well if there is such a thing. My wife has been carrying a 22 mag J-frame in her purse for about a year now. I always wanted her to carry something bigger. But at least she was carrying. Well we have not been able to find ammo for her carry gun for a long time. She has not shot it in about 6 months. I got her to take me to the range yesterday. (I still cant drive because of my shattered big toe.) She was bummed out because she couldnt shoot her gun. I decided to make up some 110 grain loads for my 38 J-frame. I offered it to her. She shot it better than her own. And mine has the little cc grips on it. She has the big Hogue 3 finger grip on hers and a laser. I have now lost my J-Frame. But I was happy to give it to her. We looked all over town for 38 special defense ammo. No Luck. No 38 ammo of any kind! But I did find a box of 110 grain Hornady XTP bullets. I put a big hogue grip on it for her and it is now in her purse.

Next I have to get her stop carrying in her purse. But at least she is using a real gun now.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

danf_fl Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-29-2013, 01:38 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

My wife purse carried a Taurus 85 .38 for a while, then after a few weeks of persistence and her reading a couple articles about bad situations.....I talked her into body carry BUT we had to compromise the reliability of the .38 with the concealability of her new LCP.