Pocket carry LCR vs LCP
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Pocket carry LCR vs LCP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2010, 09:51 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Pocket carry LCR vs LCP

I have come to the point where I feel I need a weapon that I can simply slip into my pocket and take anywhere. I love my Kimber and my supertuck but in some situations a small pistol in the pocket would be better. I'm not a fan of the small autos so I'm already leaning towards the LCR (especially since they now have a 357) but does anyone here carry one in their pocket?
If so, how does it work for you? Is it bulky? Is the draw slow?

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-27-2010, 10:32 PM   #2

Liked 1423 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Rusty, my summer carry of choice is my LCR.

I do have access to my daughter's LCP but in my opinion, it just doesn't have the balls of the LCP. Plus I shoot the LCR much better than the LCP.

It is a true swimsuit, toss it in the pocket gun. Very comfortable and as easy to draw as any pocket carry. I just ordered an Alabama Holster for both The LCR & LCP. This should keep the guns from rotating and improve draw.

When its 95º/95% I just can't carry the Defender or the BHP.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 06-27-2010, 10:45 PM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

The LCR is a much better choice imo. Mine slips in my pocket very easily and is great for pocket carry. I use a Robert Mika pocket holster and carry some extra rounds as well.

I don't have any experience with the lcp, but I dislike the .380 round and tiny autos.

Inspiration photos.

Old 06-27-2010, 11:42 PM   #4
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2261 Times on 1222 Posts
Likes Given: 815

I can carry and draw my SP101 effectively from a pocket. I however wear cargo shorts and cargo pants with big pockets all the time. I would not recommend it with jeans or dress pants.

If I can do it with a 101, the LCR should be a piece of cake.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 06-28-2010, 01:03 AM   #5

I like the LCR. Not much experience with the LCP though.

Old 06-28-2010, 03:05 AM   #6

My wife carries a LCP and I have shot it a few times. It is a pretty slick little gun and is probably going to be easier to carry than a LCR. The LCR has a little more punch though. It is a trade off.

Old 06-28-2010, 03:44 AM   #7

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

I usually appendix carry my lcr. Disappears under a t-shirt, and very comfortable.
I have thrown it in the pocket of a winter jacket and it carries very nice and is quick to access.
I can carry it in the pocket of a pair of carpenter pants, but the grips are a little bulky, and while others may never notice it, I always just feel like its printing.

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 06-28-2010, 03:51 AM   #8

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I used to really like my NAA Guardian .380 in my right hip pocket. Now I REALLY like my KelTec PF9 in my right hip pocket.

Old 06-29-2010, 11:54 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

freefall, I thought about the keltec pf9 but I just can't warm up to them. The small autos really do nothing for me at all. I liked the size and the fact that it was a 9mm the the pros for me stopped there.
With the comments here, I'm going to be tracking down an LCR in 357. For the record, I wear jeans a lot and the fit. Not talking nut huggers but they aren't falling off either so I think the LCR will work. I'm going to stop by a local shop and slip one in my pocket to make sure.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 06-29-2010, 12:38 PM   #10

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Jeez Spitty, get THE pocket gun - a Sig P238. Mine rides comfortably in the back pocket in a Desantis Superfly. I had a J-frame Airweight for a while but they are considerably thicker than the slim autos...