Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Pocket carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2009, 02:33 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highpower View Post
The CZ-82 is a bit large (and heavy) for me to pocket carry. But I find this rig works pretty well for me IWB.

I feel the same way about my beloved Makarov. way too heavy to pocket carry, but works great IWB

IJ70-18A Makarov (9x18) You have to pull the trigger in Russian, or it won't fire!

Old 10-27-2009, 12:03 AM   #22

Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 52

I carry an OLD Colt Jr. Pocket pistol in .25ACP. Not the greatest caliber for self defense but it is the only one that will fit in my pocket until I purchase a different pocket rocket.
I am looking towards purchasing a Kahr PM9 or CW9 in 9mm, I was looking at Kel-Tec but the pistol felt like a little toy in my hand.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can get? What holster? I am
6'1" so I can hide almost anything.

Old 10-27-2009, 01:52 AM   #23

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

I carry my Kahr PM9 in a RKBA pocket holster:

Products

I prefer IWB, but some of my dressier outfits for church or work don't allow for IWB, even though my Crossbreed is tuckable.

The reason for the holster is to protect the trigger from getting caught as you put your hands in your pocket and it keeps it upright at all times.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 10-28-2009, 01:26 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLChris View Post
I carry my Kahr PM9 in a RKBA pocket holster:

Products

I prefer IWB, but some of my dressier outfits for church or work don't allow for IWB, even though my Crossbreed is tuckable.

The reason for the holster is to protect the trigger from getting caught as you put your hands in your pocket and it keeps it upright at all times.
I see that you have the PM9, what made you get that over the CW9? Any info that you have will be appreciated. I have not had a chance to hold either one since the local gun shop has a VERY poor selection. The one time they did have a PM pistol it was a .40, I am not very fond of the .40. He wanted something like $900 for it used. I can get a Springfield or Kimber for that price.

Old 10-29-2009, 11:36 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelenwolf View Post
I see that you have the PM9, what made you get that over the CW9? Any info that you have will be appreciated. I have not had a chance to hold either one since the local gun shop has a VERY poor selection. The one time they did have a PM pistol it was a .40, I am not very fond of the .40. He wanted something like $900 for it used. I can get a Springfield or Kimber for that price.
Well, the CW9 has a a few less bells and whistles. If I had a tighter budget, I would have considered the CW9 except for a couple of reasons.

1) They are not strictly comparable--the CW9 is bigger in length and height--and I wanted as small as I could get.

2) I had been wanting it for a long time and finally found a used one for about $500. I WANTED it and it was as simple as that. And the diamond black sealed the deal for me. I didn't want a shiny slide. I'm not into bling, only bang.

If I were to get a teeny tiny .40, I would go with the Kahr MK40. It is fully stainless steel d=so the weight would handle the .40 a bit better. I don't think I would like the PM40 at aLL.

I definitely have my eye on a MK40 some day. It is the same size as PM9, but heavier.

Old 10-30-2009, 01:57 AM   #26

Quote:
Well, the CW9 has a a few less bells and whistles. If I had a tighter budget, I would have considered the CW9 except for a couple of reasons.

1) They are not strictly comparable--the CW9 is bigger in length and height--and I wanted as small as I could get.

2) I had been wanting it for a long time and finally found a used one for about $500. I WANTED it and it was as simple as that. And the diamond black sealed the deal for me. I didn't want a shiny slide. I'm not into bling, only bang.

If I were to get a teeny tiny .40, I would go with the Kahr MK40. It is fully stainless steel d=so the weight would handle the .40 a bit better. I don't think I would like the PM40 at aLL.

I definitely have my eye on a MK40 some day. It is the same size as PM9, but heavier.
Thanks, for all the info. I appreciate it. I like the look of the Bi-Tone but that is a gun for Hollywood. I prefer the all black. Like I stated before I am not a big fan of the .40, plus I do not want to add another caliber of ammo to my stores. As it is I have carried a Sig P229 9mm for 12 yrs till I replaced it with my XD45. So I have several thousand rounds for both calibers.

Old 10-30-2009, 05:25 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelenwolf View Post
plus I do not want to add another caliber of ammo to my stores.
That's my thing, too. I've only got 2 calibers now. When I add a caliber it won't be just for 1 weapon, but for a full-size, a carry size, and maybe pistol caliber carbine. That would make it more worth stocking up.

Old 10-30-2009, 06:05 AM   #28

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

At present I mainly carry a NAA Guardian .380 in my hip pocket in a holster I built with a flat piece of heavy leather on the outside to make it look like a wallet. Just bought a Kel-Tec PF9 for the Lovely Mrs. Freefall, she hates it so I guess it's mine (hate it when that happens), now I need to build a similar rig for it. It's a bit larger than my mouse gun, have to shave things tight and hope it works. If I wasn't such an idiot I'd post a pic of my pocket holster, but I'm sure you can imagine it. Just sew or rivet a piece of flat heavy leather to the flat part of your pocket holster and put that side out in your pocket. Works great.

Old 10-30-2009, 06:57 AM   #29

That kel tec p3at is one fine pistol for pocket carry, dont let price scare you.
i perfer 45 but for pocket the p3at is great. had one wife stoled it. if you can and if you pockets can handel kel tek Pf9 is also great ,after wife stole mt 38 i got the 9 and use it as a backup or pocket pistol/ i'm also get anouther P3AT

Old 10-30-2009, 01:51 PM   #30

Quote:
That's my thing, too. I've only got 2 calibers now. When I add a caliber it won't be just for 1 weapon, but for a full-size, a carry size, and maybe pistol caliber carbine. That would make it more worth stocking up.
It seems funny how you always end up getting "JUST that one more weapon that you have always wanted but could not get till now". I have several weapons in my safe because of that. My wife hates that. Oh well.