Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Pocket carry (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/pocket-carry-18612/)

NGIB 09-28-2009 02:41 PM

Pocket carry
 
Just wondering if anyone besides me uses pocket carry as their primary method? It's the only real way that works for me since I work on a military installation. While I can have a gun in my vehicle on post, I wanted a way to quickly arm myself upon leaving the installation. Toyed with using a regular carry and an easy on/off paddle holster but the pocket gun is just so much more convenient.

My current carry is an NAA Guardian .380 in a Desantis Superfly holster. Just ordered another of these holsters for my J-frame S&W 37 this morning. No, this doesn't provide me the firepower of my 686+ .357 or Para P16 - but I'm quite comfortable with the little blaster...

General_lee 09-28-2009 04:24 PM

I would pocket carry a backup pistol if i had one small enough.
Not as a primary weapon, though.

Jess 09-28-2009 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyanG23 (Post 166962)
I thought you must carry your firearm in a holster?
is that legal just to have a gun in your pocket?

carry laws vary state by state.

NGIB 09-28-2009 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyanG23 (Post 166962)
I thought you must carry your firearm in a holster?
is that legal just to have a gun in your pocket?

If you actually read the post:

Quote:

My current carry is an NAA Guardian .380 in a Desantis Superfly holster
Yes, holsters are required in GA...

PA_Shooter 09-28-2009 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NGIB (Post 166884)
Just wondering if anyone besides me uses pocket carry as their primary method? It's the only real way that works for me since I work on a military installation. While I can have a gun in my vehicle on post, I wanted a way to quickly arm myself upon leaving the installation. Toyed with using a regular carry and an easy on/off paddle holster but the pocket gun is just so much more convenient.

My current carry is an NAA Guardian .380 in a Desantis Superfly holster. Just ordered another of these holsters for my J-frame S&W 37 this morning. No, this doesn't provide me the firepower of my 686+ .357 or Para P16 - but I'm quite comfortable with the little blaster...

Hi, what do you think of an IWB holster? To me an Uncle Mike's IWB fits real well for my Kel Tec P3-AT. What do you see as the advantages of the Superfly? Thanks for your info.

Franciscomv 09-28-2009 10:56 PM

I pocket carry often, the combination of really warm climate and the dress code at work make it the most convenient way to carry my weapon at all times (and since my carry permit was such a PIA to get, I'm gonna use the crap out of it!).

WDB 09-29-2009 05:11 AM

I don't own a pistol that fits well in a pocket. Still want a snub nose 38/357 but no go for now, still think I would carry it much the same way. I carry IWB, it's easy to put on/take off and when carrying in a better postion for use IMHO.

Gojubrian 09-29-2009 06:50 AM

I saw a show where Rob Pinkus described pocket carrying a hammerless revolver and how to fire from the pocket. Great idea imo! :)

NGIB 09-29-2009 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PA_Shooter (Post 167164)
Hi, what do you think of an IWB holster? To me an Uncle Mike's IWB fits real well for my Kel Tec P3-AT. What do you see as the advantages of the Superfly? Thanks for your info.

Personally, IWB and I don't get along that well. The reason I chose pocket is strictly for convenience. When I leave the post after work I don't have to strap on a holster - just drop the Guardian in my pocket. I like the Superfly a lot, it's made from a very tacky material that stays put in your pocket. It also comes with a removable flap that when installed makes the holster look like a wallet for rear pocket carry.

Ordered a Superfly yesterday for my J frame S&W 37 which will go in my jacket pocket when the weather gets cooler. Bottom line is it's the lazy man's way to be armed - even if it's not a 1911.

And no, I don't feel under-gunned as I train a lot to put them where I need them...

spittinfire 09-29-2009 11:30 AM

I've been concidering pocket carry for in the summer months and when no other method is reasonable. I don't currently own a weapon that would work in my pocket so I haven't tried it. Maybe in the future...


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:06 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.