Pocket .380s.... - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Pocket .380s....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2013, 01:52 AM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I carry a Sig P938 in a N82 IWB or a pocket holster. It is only slightly larger that the P238. And the price difference is offset in the cheaper price of 9mm ammo (if you can find any). It shoots great, has great sights, carries easy, and 9mm.

I am also a Seacamp fan. I bought mine, years ago, when they were rare and expensive. It is basically a handmade, custom. They are made specifically for the Silvertip 32 hollowpoint. And using only this ammo, I have shot several hundred rounds flawlessly. When carrying seems almost impossible, I carry the Seacamp. Even in gym shorts.

Old 04-11-2013, 05:36 PM   #72

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I tried for a MPA Protector but it was gen 1 so I bought a MDE instead. I need something that will conceal in my new summer MC jacket and the MDE is the smallest 380 I could find.

--gonzo, SoCenPA.
"Before all else, be armed." --Niccolo Machiavelli

Old 04-12-2013, 07:38 PM   #73
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 258 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 112

Haven't heard anything on MPA protector except they are now on Protector II which I hear is also ported. Supposedly - no MIM parts or plastic and made in the USA.

I w leary of new guns - if something goes wrong, who will support you ?

As someone already said, these things take time and they rarely get it right the first time. With patience and experience, you can often fix minor problems yourself.

Last edited by Gonzilla; 04-12-2013 at 07:45 PM.

Old 04-27-2013, 07:06 PM   #74

Default .380 pocket pistols

Have tried them all after NRA Rifleman article. The 1911 clones which are single action and must be carried cocked and locked are dangerous, no matter how good their trigger pulls are. The rest have only TWO really fine guns. The Kahr P380 (now they have introduced the CW380 same gun but regular rifling at 200.00 lower cost) is the gun to have but it is EXPENSIVE. It has usual great smooth long double action Kahr trigger pull. The steal in this group is the Taurus 738. Trigger as good as Kahr....for 400.00 less money. Mine is polymer with brushed stainless slide. Need to drill and tap the left grip panel for allen head cap screw 10 x 32 NF so that you put your right thumb on it otherwise yu will trip the magazine release all the time. Gun is totally dependable. I shot 200 rounds of any cal .380 I could find to "break it in" as Kahr recommends for all their pistols and had none, ZERO, fail to feed, lock up or fire....NONE. Gun is small and about 10 1/2 ounces so easy to carry inside the pants holster or in my wife's purse with same holster or on belt with the pouch looks like an electronics holder that came with the gun. .380 PLENTY of gun for defense. Forget trying to carry these cannons that supposedly knowledgeable people are espousing. Wife carries a Taurus PT22 where she does not have to rack the slide, and she can really hit with it. 7 rounds of high velocity Aguila Interceptor will discourage everyone except elephants. If you buy one of these bigger guns you will not practice with it due to cost, and it will sit in a drawer. Will buy the Kahr CW380 as soon as it becomes available!

Old 04-28-2013, 01:25 AM   #75

Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

Not sure if you've decided on something, but my vote goes for the Kahr P380! Taurus TCP next.

Old 04-28-2013, 10:50 PM   #76

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Got the Micro Desert Eagle. Third smallest .380 semiauto, after NAA Guardian and the champ, Seecamp. Quality manufacturing, conceals well, a real hand full shooting Gold Dots, not too bad with FMJ range ammo like Magtech.

--gonzo, SoCenPA.

bbertram Likes This 
Old 05-03-2013, 01:33 AM   #77

Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 51

I bought the Bodyguard. I carry it daily, IWB. My wife shoots as well and likes it. After less than 100 rounds, the slide has become easier to rack and the trigger is getting a bit softer. Long trigger, you won't accidently pull it in our pocket or drawing it. It's light, the recoil is very managable and of course, it's a S&W. I have shot the Kahr, in the 9 and it is a handful, and it's heavier. I barely notice the Bodyguard on my hip after all day. I will buy another one, but for my wife to carry....or an Airweight (Ladysmith) 38 for carry as well. I originally wanted the Bersa Thunder in .380, but the Bodyguard is smaller, better for pocket carry and I believe it's a better gun. Just my 2 cents. More holsters are now available for the Bodyguard, I just ordered a Fobus paddle, and more and more sight kits are appearing as well.
But like anything else, don't just take it out of the box and start carrying it.....practice practice practice.....until it becomes part of you.

Old 05-11-2013, 11:45 PM   #78

Liked 36 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoGeezer View Post
Got the Micro Desert Eagle. Third smallest .380 semiauto, after NAA Guardian and the champ, Seecamp. Quality manufacturing, conceals well, a real hand full shooting Gold Dots, not too bad with FMJ range ammo like Magtech.
I also carry the micro Desert Eagle daily, in a pocket holster, and sometimes in my shirt pocket. It's solid and reliable. If I were buying NOW, though, I'd be looking at a BG 380 ( forget the laser) . It's small enough, yet with Gold Dots or some other premium SD load, powerful enough that you can feel confident. It has better sights than the micro DE, so it might be more fun to shoot for accuracy. Speaking of sights, A fiber optic front sight is just AMAZING if you have old eyes like mine. I have FO sights on my Nano, Sig P239, Sig P6 , and I'll be getting one on my .40 Shield, too. Fast target pickup !

Last edited by bbertram; 05-11-2013 at 11:47 PM.

Old 05-12-2013, 07:31 PM   #79

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I owned a BG 380, and it was a good gun, but I sold it to a friend who wanted it more than I did. The MDE is quite a handful at the range, harder to control than the BG because it's smaller. I picked up a NAA Guardian 32acp and I've been carrying it on the bike. Same size as the MDE but less recoil and loaded with FMJ has close to the same penetration as. 380 JHP. So now I have two mouse guns.

--gonzo, SoCenPA.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:35 PM   #80

Liked 160 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCANNON
Hi guys I'm in need of some advice... I'm trying to find a reliable pocket da/sa or dao .380 pistol. I've been lookin online nonstop and I think I may have it boiled down to a couple good ones. Feel free to try and convince one way or another! The kahr p380 (cw380 just came out as a less expensive option might go that route) is at the top of my list as of now. It's dao, small, and seems of good reliable quality. Only thing is it only has a 5 year warranty. Should this be a deciding factor at all? Next on my list is the s&w bodyguard .380. I hear they had a firing pin cracking issue? Is this resolved and reliable now? this does have a lifetime warranty but I don't know if rat should count so heavily for it if its not a quality pistol. Besides after 5 years maybe a new pocket pistol is a good idea regardless? Feel free to suggest any others guys and btw, I am not interested in a pocket 9mm. Thank you in advance!
LCP, very small, accurate for the size, dependable. And you can conceal in anything, besides naked-