Please help m&p 40c with or with our thumb safty
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Please help m&p 40c with or with our thumb safty

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2014, 08:39 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts

Default Please help m&p 40c with or with our thumb safty

I have a full sive with out and I know the 4 safety's but I think I might like the thought of a dedicated safety while I have 1 in the pipe in my paints. I was thinking some HD sights and a laser grip any thoughts??? ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1405629522.422926.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-24-2014, 09:16 PM   #2

Liked 319 Times on 254 Posts
Likes Given: 34

I don't know what a "full sive " is . I do carry a cartridge in the "chamber " with a striker fired pistol carried at a 2:10 position and extra mag for a single stack. Holsters keep the handgun safe on you and handguns don't go bang on there own. A safety on a handgun does not make it safe in the hands of a dummy or someone showing off. Take your time and learn to draw smoothly and quickly but not fast. No quick draw stuff. Watch and see , shot by his 1911 and a finger where it should not be -

Your issues are nothing more than a head game only you can work thru.

I don't want a laser and don't want to rely on one. I practice a type of point shooting out to 12 yards to keep my rounds in a tissue box area on the target rapid fire. Carry a light to see a bad guy and use nigh sight so you can aim at them if ever needed.

At least that my view of it.

Now if you feel a safety is a must have then sell your pistol and buy one with a safety but its still your head game. M&P has them and taurs pt111g2 is a striker fired trigger pistol with a safety. Smaller and lighter and 12 rounds.

Last edited by hardluk1; 07-24-2014 at 09:19 PM.

Old 07-25-2014, 05:09 PM   #3

Liked 164 Times on 116 Posts
Likes Given: 260

My daughter carries my 9c without the thumb safety. She wants one with it for when it is carried in her purse.

No big deal with or without it just whatever keeps it in the holster every day.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 07-25-2014, 05:33 PM   #4

Liked 3610 Times on 2062 Posts
Likes Given: 2495

This is personal preference, if you are used to a firearm with a manual safety, then by all means get the M&P with the safety.

If you choose to buy the model without the safety, think real long and hard before you choose to do any trigger work on it.

Old 07-26-2014, 12:19 AM   #5

Liked 319 Times on 254 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Your daughter should also use a purse design for cc with a holster then she can use the same handgun. Tell her to check out -
http://www.guntotenmamas.com/. My wife a has one of the lamb cross body bags that has steel cables in the strap. No one stealing the purse.

Old 07-26-2014, 01:04 PM   #6

Liked 164 Times on 116 Posts
Likes Given: 260

She has one made for CC, no idea what brand it is. She works in a eye doctors office and uses the purse while in the office. Once outside she switches to carrying on her person and to a more stylish purse as she calls it.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.