Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Places to Avoid while Carrying?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2012, 05:37 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 3

(1) on the physical premises of a school or educational institution, any grounds or building on which an activity sponsored by a school or educational institution is being conducted, or a passenger transportation vehicle of a school or educational institution, whether the school or educational institution is public or private, unless pursuant to written regulations or written authorization of the institution;
(2) on the premises of a polling place on the day of an election or while early voting is in progress;
(3) on the premises of any government court or offices utilized by the court, unless pursuant to written regulations or written authorization of the court;
(4) on the premises of a racetrack;
(5) in or into a secured area of an airport; or
(6) within 1,000 feet of premises the location of which is designated by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice as a place of execution under Article 43.19, Code of Criminal Procedure, on a day that a sentence of death is set to be imposed on the designated premises and the person received notice that:
(A) going within 1,000 feet of the premises with a weapon listed under this subsection was prohibited; or
(B) possessing a weapon listed under this subsection within 1,000 feet of the premises was prohibited.
(b) It is a defense to prosecution under Subsections (a)(1)-(4) that the actor possessed a firearm while in the actual discharge of his official duties as a member of the armed forces or national guard or a guard employed by a penal institution, or an officer of the court.
(c) In this section:
(1) "Premises" has the meaning assigned by Section 46.035.
(2) "Secured area" means an area of an airport terminal building to which access is controlled by the inspection of persons and property under federal law.
(d) It is a defense to prosecution under Subsection
(a)(5) that the actor possessed a firearm or club while traveling to or from the actor's place of assignment or in the actual discharge of duties as:
(1) a member of the armed forces or national guard;
(2) a guard employed by a penal institution; or
(3) a security officer commissioned by the Texas Private Security Board if:
(A) the actor is wearing a distinctive uniform; and
(B) the firearm or club is in plain view; or
(4) a security officer who holds a personal protection authorization under Chapter 1702, Occupations Code, provided that the officer is either:
(A) wearing the uniform of a security officer, including any uniform or apparel described by Section 1702.323(d), Occupations Code, and carrying the officer's firearm in plain view; or
(B) not wearing the uniform of a security officer and carrying the officer's firearm in a concealed manner.
(e) It is a defense to prosecution under Subsection
(a)(5) that the actor checked all firearms as baggage in accordance with federal or state law or regulations before entering a secured area.
(f) It is not a defense to prosecution under this section that the actor possessed a handgun and was licensed to carry a concealed handgun under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code.
(g) An offense under this section is a third degree felony.(h) It is a defense to prosecution under Subsection
(a)(4) that the actor possessed a firearm or club while traveling to or from the actor's place of assignment or in the actual discharge of duties as a security officer commissioned by the Texas Board of Private Investigators and Private Security Agencies, if:
(1) the actor is wearing a distinctive uniform; and
(2) the firearm or club is in plain view.(i) It is an exception to the application of Subsection
(a)(6) that the actor possessed a firearm or club1) while in a vehicle being driven on a public road; or
(2) at the actor's residence or place of employment.

Old 09-10-2012, 04:57 PM   #42

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varro View Post
Not sure about Texas..In nearby NM, the one's I'm familiar with are:
Federal buildings, like a Post Office, Court House, etc..
Schools & University Grounds.
Establishments that sell liquor by the drink....
I've heard that some establishments might post a sign that CC is prohibited in their business...To be honest, I've never seen one....
I'm sure there are others, maybe another poster can name some more...
i am living in westcolumbia tx now and there was a gun store here that had a do not carry on the front door. i have no idea what the store was like becuse i refuse to go into a gun store that will not let me carry. its an oxymoron if i ever saw one and i would guess that im not the only one who feels this way it lasted less than a year and is gone.

Old 09-10-2012, 08:01 PM   #43

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Here in Indiana those places are commercial aircraft, courthouses, jails and schools. We can however drop off or pick up our kids from school or school run function as long as the weapon does not leave the vehicle. There is also no law against carrying in an alcohol serving establishment.

Banks are also not off limits here, I often visit my bank while oc.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 10-25-2012, 06:56 AM   #44

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Court Houses, State Buildings, Federal Buildings. That's about it for me. I live in a small rural town. So I do carry in the PO because I am in & out in less than 5 min. Plus Concealed means Concealed. out of sight out of mind.

Old 10-27-2012, 04:51 PM   #45

Liked 858 Times on 572 Posts
Likes Given: 522

In NH, there is no class you have to take, and there is no paper they hand to you when you get your permit that tells you where to carry, and where not to. I also have not been able to track down the specific law that lists the places. On the site mentioned above, legally armed, the info is laid out in a terrible way. I'm sure the info's great, but good luck finding it.

I am aware of PO, schools, courts, any govt. building. I have no idea what a 30.06 rule is. Also not sure about bars. No one posts a 51% sign, so how would you know? We may not even have that law.....

Old 10-27-2012, 06:57 PM   #46

Liked 97 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
I have no idea what a 30.06 rule is.
The "30.06" rule is the ironically numbered Texas state statute that specifies exactly how a "no gun" sign needs to be layed out (size, typeface, text). If a sign follows those specifications, it becomes illegal to carry into a posted location (you can actually be arrested). If the sign does not meet the specifications it does not carry the force of law. In such a case if you carry in a posted location the most the owner/manager can do is ask you to leave.

Note that this all only applies in the state of TX. Other state laws may or may not recognize "no guns" signs.

Old 10-27-2012, 07:12 PM   #47
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 47 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 72

I haven't run in to it often, but when I find a business that restricts legal carry, I find the manager and give him a card that I printed up from the Penn.OpenCarry Org.
It basically says that I won't be doing business with them, and why.

http://paopencarry.org/no-guns-no-money-cards