pizza hut driver demoted and pay slashed for defending himself - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > pizza hut driver demoted and pay slashed for defending himself

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 03:07 AM   #41
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1976 Times on 1199 Posts
Likes Given: 2151

My letter isn't some magic formula. If sending my letter is easy enough that you actually do something with it, great, copy my letter. If you want to word your own, like Tack, great, send your own. But for God's sake (and ours) SEND ONE!!!

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 01-03-2013, 03:21 AM   #42

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota
My letter isn't some magic formula. If sending my letter is easy enough that you actually do something with it, great, copy my letter. If you want to word your own, like Tack, great, send your own. But for God's sake (and ours) SEND ONE!!!
I just wrote em. Lets see what they say.

-Matt

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 01-03-2013, 03:50 AM   #43

Liked 290 Times on 251 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueguns View Post

I just wrote em. Lets see what they say.
Not holding my breath.

When I really think about it though, I guess I can't blame them, they're just taking advantage of the system as we ask them to. Democracy, free enterprise, the American dream... This is the land of the get rich quick and greedy minded. We not only welcome them open armed but we facilitate it with special tax breaks, bail outs, financial stimuli, and over-encouraged glutinous consumerism.

Oh, but it doesn't stop there, then we give the poor over-indulged consumer a "justice" system that allows private lawsuits against these corporations for providing us our coveted products as we request them when we dump a coffee in our lap. An employee can defend himself/herself from an attacker and when found as a just action on part of the attacked the family of the perpetrator can then turn themselves into victims and sue the company for not having a policy that would've prevented this "tragedy".

A Republic that not just allows, but relies upon a frivolity of lawsuits to govern social standard and morals is nothing to be proud of. It goes on and on and we are the home of the irresponsible and the land of the free from self accountability.

Pizza Hut standpoint as I see it, he could've gotten a different job. And they'd be right. We all make choices. He could've refused to deliver to this location. He showed a recognition of the possible danger prior to delivery, admitting to the suspicion. It was, by all standard of logic, his choice to place himself in this situation. If he wanted to carry a handgun for self protection he would've had a carry license. Had he a carry license he would already have known company policy on the subject. I'm doing my best to give him as much credit for ignorance as I can, but it all comes back to him making a conscious decision without being fully informed before doing so. Another thing this country proudly promotes, ignorance. Makes us easy to rule...

"How fortunate for governments that their people's don't think." Adolph Hitler

At least he was honest about his intent and didn't hide behind some piece of paper that when referenced one has to use finger quotes. This America is a mockery of the Constitution and has been since not long after the ink dried. I mean good intentions and all...

Last edited by BeyondTheBox; 01-03-2013 at 04:36 AM.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:13 PM   #44

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
best I could find - http://www.pizzahut.co.uk/restaurants/contact-us.aspx Sent them a message using Bolata's letter ... let's get on to of this FTF'rs
Don't forget to NOT eat their sad azzed pies too-
Thats a strong message too---

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 01-03-2013, 05:28 PM   #45

Here is the reply I got...

Joshua DeL,

We appreciate you contacting us on the issue involving one of our drivers. As you would expect, nothing is more important to us than the safety of our team members and our customers. Unfortunately, there were some inaccuracies in what was originally reported. The driver was not demoted. His wages were not lowered and his hours were not cut. We can assure you that the driver involved is being treated very fairly, with the utmost concern for his well being. The matter continues to be handled appropriately by the local franchisee and employee.*

Sincerely,

Pizza Hut Customer Service

Old 01-03-2013, 05:38 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox
Here is the reply I got...

Joshua DeL,

We appreciate you contacting us on the issue involving one of our drivers. As you would expect, nothing is more important to us than the safety of our team members and our customers. Unfortunately, there were some inaccuracies in what was originally reported. The driver was not demoted. His wages were not lowered and his hours were not cut. We can assure you that the driver involved is being treated very fairly, with the utmost concern for his well being. The matter continues to be handled appropriately by the local franchisee and employee.*

Sincerely,

Pizza Hut Customer Service
Hmmmm, now I'm beginning to question the source.

-Matt

Old 01-03-2013, 05:39 PM   #47

Liked 1487 Times on 899 Posts
Likes Given: 347

Someone tell me how you can be "demoted" from being a pizza delivery person?

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 01-03-2013, 05:41 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire
Article said he was moved to "Kitchen Staff".

-Matt

Old 01-03-2013, 05:45 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Lol so true. I think we've been duped by our own haste and the modern times and a guy who wanted sympathy.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:29 PM   #50

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueguns View Post
Article said he was moved to "Kitchen Staff".
I'd think that wud be a promotion

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET