pizza hut driver demoted and pay slashed for defending himself - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > pizza hut driver demoted and pay slashed for defending himself

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 05:01 PM   #11
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1976 Times on 1199 Posts
Likes Given: 2151

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Guess so-
Hummm, I cud use a new mini skirt & tank top
Dammit, Hossfly. Now I've got to search for my eye bleach to wipe out that mental picture!!!

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 12-31-2012, 05:08 PM   #12

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

This is absolutely atrocious, I use Pizza Hut exclusively up until this point and I'm waiting on a call back to explain why.

Corporate Number in Dallas, TX.

1-972-338-7700

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 12-31-2012, 05:23 PM   #13
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1976 Times on 1199 Posts
Likes Given: 2151

You know, PrimePorkChop spearheaded an effort to make Bass Pro Shops change their policy in Gurnee, IL. After several months and a large number of folks telling BPS that we would no longer shop there, they changed their policy. I had a chance to visit that BPS store a few weeks ago and found that they had in fact changed their policy.

We could do the same with Pizza Hut. Start calling their number, posting on their website, using the Contact Us avenue to tell them electronically.

"To Pizza Hut Management,

I read about your reprimand for the delivery boy who defended himself against 5 attackers recently. I can't imagine what would possess you to punish someone for (a) defending himself, (b) preserving your customers pizzas, and (c) making the neighborhood a little safer place.

Since you see fit to punish him, I see fit to punish you. I will not eat at Pizza Hut again. I will use word of mouth advertising to spread awareness of your incomprehensible decision. I will encourage my friends and coworkers to avoid Pizza Hut. There are a lot of other pizza suppliers to choose from. I intend to buy at least one pizza from each of them in the near future. All of those pizzas might have come from Pizza Hut were it not for your actions.

With all possible lack of regards,

(insert name here)"

Be sure and sign the message with your real name. Messages from people who won't sign their name are automatically discounted by most businesses.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

People Like This 
Old 12-31-2012, 05:42 PM   #14

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Talked to them, they knew immediately what I was talking about, the guy said they've been receiving "many" calls about it, I suggest you all call if you care enough to, it's a painless process.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

People Like This 
Old 01-01-2013, 02:50 AM   #15

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 18

That is ****ing revolting. I am glad I don't eat that crap anymore.

Old 01-01-2013, 03:04 AM   #16

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Pizza Hut has demoted and cut pay of a college student for defending himself. Pizza Hut claims he violated the companies "no weapons" policy.

Pizza Hut apparently has a history of this. About ten years ago a Pizza Hut delivery man was repeatedly robbed. When he got his concealed carry permit, Pizza Hut refused to let him carry.

I am calling for a boycott of all Pizza Hut franchises until this student is given his original position and full pay back, and the company's "no weapons" policy is changed.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/pizza-hut-delivery-driver-allegedly-demoted-for-defending-himself-against-teen-attackers/

Another Pizza Hut horror story.

http://www.utahconcealedcarry.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2070&start=0

-Matt

Last edited by Blueguns; 01-01-2013 at 03:11 AM.
People Like This 
Old 01-01-2013, 03:08 AM   #17

Liked 713 Times on 381 Posts
Likes Given: 48

I wouldn't want one of my employees carrying.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Old 01-01-2013, 03:11 AM   #18

Liked 4822 Times on 2337 Posts
Likes Given: 1503

How about a link to Pizza Huts Corporate email some can all let them know what we think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueguns View Post
Pizza Hut has demoted and cut pay of a college student for defending himself. Pizza Hut claims he violated the companies "no weapons" policy.

Pizza Hut apparently has a history of this. About ten years ago a Pizza Hut delivery man was repeatedly robbed. When he got his concealed carry permit, Pizza Hut refused to let him carry.

I am calling for a boycott of all Pizza Hut franchises until this student is given his original position and full pay back, and the company's "no weapons" policy is changed.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/pizza-hut-delivery-driver-allegedly-demoted-for-defending-himself-against-teen-attackers/

Old 01-01-2013, 03:11 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtJester
I wouldn't want one of my employees carrying.
Why is that?

-Matt

Wiebelhaus Likes This 
Old 01-01-2013, 03:13 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1
How about a link to Pizza Huts Corporate email some can all let them know what we think?
Here's an address and phone. I'll keep looking for an email.

http://www.pizzahut.com/contactus.html

-Matt