Picked Up S&W Airweight & Rugar CLP - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Picked Up S&W Airweight & Rugar CLP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2013, 07:45 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
I guess that is why I could never be a pawnbroker, used car salesman, or a politician!
.10 on he dollar is about normal for a pawn shop. For me it's hard to blame the one buying at such a small price if the seller taking the deal. I'vwe bought and sold at pawn shops for years. If you haggle a little then a better deal can be made.
But bottom line is the have to be able to buy with enough meat on the bone to sell at a profit. In my experience I've had much better luck trading with them than I would have selling outright.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 09-19-2013, 02:26 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1972 Times on 1167 Posts
Likes Given: 941

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
I could never be someone judgmental of other peoples careers on public forums.

A+ rating at the BBB, sponsored two children from cradle to College, and now I am a bad man over a gun purchase, expressed on a gun forum.

That is funny!
I did not say you were good or bad. I said I could not do that. I simply treat people like I would like to be treated as much as possible and it has worked well for me in both my 30+ years in LE and now as a trainer and dealer. I guess that is why I have less money in the bank than many others of my vintage do, but I can live with that.

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 09-19-2013, 02:40 AM   #13

Liked 1845 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 1214

Back on track...I have a 642. With +P ammo it is a serious handful. I only shoot +P once in a while.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 09-19-2013, 04:16 AM   #14

Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
I can't believe this light weight revolver is rated +P. Stamped on barrel. Rated or not, training with +P would wear this pistol out. IMHO.

Your comment is instinctively correct. S&W pretty much says the same thing about their firearms, that although they are rated for +p ammo it can possibly increase the speed which the gun will wear. Either way, I think the Airweight is going to be my next carry gun.

Never waste time deciding between two guns....buy both of them.

Old 09-19-2013, 11:45 AM   #15
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 956 Times on 627 Posts
Likes Given: 229

Thinking of pink grips, so my wife will bond with it better. That would make it tuff to borrow though. Lol

I carry a Glock 23 on my leg as my CC, this would sure be lighter.

Going from 18 rounds of firepower I can hit with, to 5 rounds I have a greater chance of missing with, leaves me stand off ish.

I would rather my wife train with a Glock or P4X as well. She seems to have mental issues working the slide on anything larger than a .22. She is a farm girl, so I don't think the slide is a physical issue. It seems to be more a willingness to train.

I am uncomfortable handing any gun to someone not willing to discipline themselves to proper use of the firearm.

Last edited by AR10; 09-19-2013 at 11:56 AM.

Old 09-19-2013, 08:32 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1972 Times on 1167 Posts
Likes Given: 941

Quote:
Thinking of pink grips, so my wife will bond with it better. That would make it tuff to borrow though. Lol

I carry a Glock 23 on my leg as my CC, this would sure be lighter.

Going from 18 rounds of firepower I can hit with, to 5 rounds I have a greater chance of missing with, leaves me stand off ish.

I would rather my wife train with a Glock or P4X as well. She seems to have mental issues working the slide on anything larger than a .22. She is a farm girl, so I don't think the slide is a physical issue. It seems to be more a willingness to train.

I am uncomfortable handing any gun to someone not willing to discipline themselves to proper use of the firearm.
I understand completely. I have some of the same concerns. I shoot my 6906 and 5903 VERY well and even though I do shoot the 642 well it is a BIG step down in protection!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!