Picked Up S&W Airweight & Rugar CLP
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Picked Up S&W Airweight & Rugar CLP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2013, 09:53 AM   #1
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 974 Times on 639 Posts
Likes Given: 230

Default Picked Up S&W Airweight & Rugar CLP

I have a storefront Handgun Safety Classroom in an adjustment suite to my cash cow business. I leave the neon open sign on when the other business is open, with a sign in the door, go next door if the door is locked.

I get several students a day looking for CC classes, and sign those up. Works out real well.

If I sold guns and ammo, I would make a killing, especially during the recent shortage.

Yesterday a woman walked in, asking if I was a gun shop. I said no, just a school for handgun safety, but we sometimes purchase guns for my personal use.

She sells me her Airweight .38 +P and a CLP .380 for $425 for both.

My wife chews my backside for spending money, in one breath, and the next breath, claims the Airweight as hers. Lol

So l got a great deal on the Smith, with a free Rugar.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-14-2013, 11:36 PM   #2

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

One of my two main CC guns is a S&W 642 .38 Airweight. Love it. Powerful and accurate. Great in warm weather to stick in your pocket and go.

Old 09-15-2013, 12:05 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10
I have a storefront Handgun Safety Classroom in an adjustment suite to my cash cow business. I leave the neon open sign on when the other business is open, with a sign in the door, go next door if the door is locked.

I get several students a day looking for CC classes, and sign those up. Works out real well.

If I sold guns and ammo, I would make a killing, especially during the recent shortage.

Yesterday a woman walked in, asking if I was a gun shop. I said no, just a school for handgun safety, but we sometimes purchase guns for my personal use.

My wife chews my backside for spending money, in one breath, and the next breath, claims the Airweight as hers. Lol

Wow. What an amazing deal. I'm pretty jealous.

Sounds like a good business too.

Always have clean socks.

Old 09-15-2013, 05:27 AM   #4

Liked 284 Times on 205 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Horrible deal, send them to me so you dont feel bad about yourself. I will dispose of them both for you.

Old 09-15-2013, 11:14 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I can't believe this light weight revolver is rated +P. Stamped on barrel. Rated or not, training with +P would wear this pistol out. IMHO.

My wife has her CC permit, but little experience with guns. I told her I would give it to her, once she completes Basic Pistol, Personal Protection In The Home and Personal Protection Outside The Home.

Won't hold my breath waiting for her to sit through my classes.

Old 09-16-2013, 04:12 PM   #6

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

I have a 642 Air Weight and you're right +P is a lot out of it, however the barrel and cylinder are stainless steel. It's a great little pocket gun and is pretty accurate for what it is. I shoot a regular box or so of .38 out of it and then maybe 10-20 rounds or +P when I practice with it.

''I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
J.B. Books

JimRau Likes This 
Old 09-16-2013, 07:28 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2003 Times on 1186 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post

Did you use a condom???

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

JD1969 Likes This 
Old 09-18-2013, 03:33 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
Did you use a condom???
When I was a pawnbroker, I offered people 10 cents on the dollar, and purchased stuff all day long. Those days, I needed a condom.

Old 09-18-2013, 04:38 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2003 Times on 1186 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
When I was a pawnbroker, I offered people 10 cents on the dollar, and purchased stuff all day long. Those days, I needed a condom.
I guess that is why I could never be a pawnbroker, used car salesman, or a politician!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 09-18-2013, 06:56 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
I guess that is why I could never be a pawnbroker, used car salesman, or a politician!
I could never be someone judgmental of other peoples careers on public forums.

A+ rating at the BBB, sponsored two children from cradle to College, and now I am a bad man over a gun purchase, expressed on a gun forum.

That is funny!