Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Picked Up S&W Airweight & Rugar CLP (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/picked-up-s-w-airweight-rugar-clp-97032/)

AR10 09-14-2013 09:53 AM

Picked Up S&W Airweight & Rugar CLP

I have a storefront Handgun Safety Classroom in an adjustment suite to my cash cow business. I leave the neon open sign on when the other business is open, with a sign in the door, go next door if the door is locked.

I get several students a day looking for CC classes, and sign those up. Works out real well.

If I sold guns and ammo, I would make a killing, especially during the recent shortage.

Yesterday a woman walked in, asking if I was a gun shop. I said no, just a school for handgun safety, but we sometimes purchase guns for my personal use.

She sells me her Airweight .38 +P and a CLP .380 for $425 for both.

My wife chews my backside for spending money, in one breath, and the next breath, claims the Airweight as hers. Lol

So l got a great deal on the Smith, with a free Rugar.

Warrior1256 09-14-2013 11:36 PM

One of my two main CC guns is a S&W 642 .38 Airweight. Love it. Powerful and accurate. Great in warm weather to stick in your pocket and go.

JW357 09-15-2013 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AR10
I have a storefront Handgun Safety Classroom in an adjustment suite to my cash cow business. I leave the neon open sign on when the other business is open, with a sign in the door, go next door if the door is locked.

I get several students a day looking for CC classes, and sign those up. Works out real well.

If I sold guns and ammo, I would make a killing, especially during the recent shortage.

Yesterday a woman walked in, asking if I was a gun shop. I said no, just a school for handgun safety, but we sometimes purchase guns for my personal use.

My wife chews my backside for spending money, in one breath, and the next breath, claims the Airweight as hers. Lol

Wow. What an amazing deal. I'm pretty jealous.

Sounds like a good business too.

fupuk 09-15-2013 05:27 AM

Horrible deal, send them to me so you dont feel bad about yourself. I will dispose of them both for you.

AR10 09-15-2013 11:14 AM

I can't believe this light weight revolver is rated +P. Stamped on barrel. Rated or not, training with +P would wear this pistol out. IMHO.

My wife has her CC permit, but little experience with guns. I told her I would give it to her, once she completes Basic Pistol, Personal Protection In The Home and Personal Protection Outside The Home.

Won't hold my breath waiting for her to sit through my classes.

JD1969 09-16-2013 04:12 PM

I have a 642 Air Weight and you're right +P is a lot out of it, however the barrel and cylinder are stainless steel. It's a great little pocket gun and is pretty accurate for what it is. I shoot a regular box or so of .38 out of it and then maybe 10-20 rounds or +P when I practice with it.

JimRau 09-16-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AR10 (Post 1371462)

Did you use a condom???:p

AR10 09-18-2013 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimRau (Post 1373905)
Did you use a condom???:p

When I was a pawnbroker, I offered people 10 cents on the dollar, and purchased stuff all day long. Those days, I needed a condom.

JimRau 09-18-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AR10 (Post 1375513)
When I was a pawnbroker, I offered people 10 cents on the dollar, and purchased stuff all day long. Those days, I needed a condom.

I guess that is why I could never be a pawnbroker, used car salesman, or a politician!;)

AR10 09-18-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimRau (Post 1375940)
I guess that is why I could never be a pawnbroker, used car salesman, or a politician!;)

I could never be someone judgmental of other peoples careers on public forums. ;)

A+ rating at the BBB, sponsored two children from cradle to College, and now I am a bad man over a gun purchase, expressed on a gun forum.

That is funny!