pf9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > pf9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2011, 05:24 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default pf9

Would like to get people thoughts on the keltec pf9 I have had mine for about a year and its not very good. I'm luck to get two rounds out before it jams.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-27-2011, 05:38 PM   #2

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

Type of jam? Did you clean all the shipping goo, including disassembly of the mag & clean it out? Check for burrs inside the mag housing with a Qtip & look the follower over real good for burrs. Oil in the mag is not recommended, but a dry lube won't hurt.

Also, recoil in 9mm for that light pistol can cause limp wristing if you aren't used to it. You don't need a death grip on it, but keep your wrist stiff. If you call Kel-Tec & give them a detailed description of the jam, they may have some things you can check. If all else fails, send it to them with a good write up of the trouble you are having. It'll take about a month.

If you ship it yourself, it'll have to go UPS or Fedex overnight, at your expesnse, but they'll pay the return freight back to you. If you take it to the dealer you bought it from, they may offer to cover the freight, but if they don't, they can at least save you a little freight by shipping it regular ground. In this case, Kel-Tec will return it to the dealer.

Hope you get it figured out.

Old 12-27-2011, 05:53 PM   #3

It not ejecting the spent casing. Called kel tec they sent me a new extractor and spring mo change. Then I took it to the shop where I got it and they worked on it and still no change. I don't think I'm limp wristing it I have the p11 so I've been through that.

Old 12-27-2011, 06:14 PM   #4

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

The only time I've had a ejection problem with any of my pistols, it was with a GSG1911-22 shooting the cheap Federal Bulk ammo. I've also heard that Kel-Tecs can be picky about ammo. Have you tried different brands? I found that my PF9 is picky about bullet weight. Regardless of brand, it will not cycle anything but 115 grain FMJ or HPs! It's been to the factory 3 times!

I had thought it might be me, but I got a pistol range officer to try it out because he carries a PF9. First, he shot my 147 gr. round from his pistol with no problem, but when he tried it in mine it wouldn't work. The problem with mine is it will not strip the next round from the mag! I can sling-shot it in every time & can shoot a full mag by sling-shotting every round, but it refuses to auto feed, period. Same with 124 grain.

Old 12-27-2011, 08:22 PM   #5
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

nulife, my guess is your limp wristing it.

We bought one for the wife back in the summer and the ONLY issues we have had with the gun are shooter related.

She has troubles getting it to cycle reliably due to limp wristing.

Early on i have had FTF's during rapid fire drills by not allowing the trigger to fully reset. Thus causeing light primer strikes.

It sounds to me like the weapon is new to you. I would spend MUCH more quality time on the range with the rig before deciding it was junk, or needed sent back or or needed new parts.

I have found that the PF-9 to be a hand full! It requires some time to one, break in the little machine and two break the shooter in.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!