Personal Testimonies - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

Personal Testimonies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2012, 12:32 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 55 Times on 52 Posts

There have been people that have won the lottery twice in a lifetime, not Impossible

Old 06-25-2012, 01:02 AM   #52

Liked 9213 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I saw a video of a man getting struck twice by lightning. Don't know if it was real, but it looked real to me.

Old 06-25-2012, 02:35 PM   #53
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1280 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Sometimes circumstances can put a person into a dangerous place to live, with multiple negative events. When I was getting divorced in the early 90's, I was financially strapped and living in a cheap apartment about a mile and a half from where I worked. I had a car, but walked often to save money. One night in winter I walked about a mile to a Steak-n-Shake restaurant for my dinner. I left about 10 p.m., and while walking back "home", I saw a big man across the street from me pretending to be jogging, but was staying directly opposite me as he went. There was little traffic. Then he suddenly started running, and got about a block ahead of me, crossed to my side of the street, and ducked into the entrance of an abandoned building. I was carrying a Charter Arms Bulldog Pug, a snub-nosed .44 Special revolver, in my coat pocket. As I walked by that building I stayed close to the curb, and sure enough, he popped out of the building entrance. He said, "Say, how's it going?" By the sound of his voice, I could tell what he was about. I kept my hand in my pocket, holding the gun, and said "I'm not 'that way', leave me alone". He ran down the street and disappeared. When I got to my apartment building, and went into a little entryway that is always open, and started getting out my key to open the locked door to the main hallway, in came the idiot. He said, something about "Do you drink Bacardi rum?" I didn't answer, so he tried to wedge himself between me and the hall door so if I opened it he could enter the hallway before I could get in. Then he said, "Do you have any hobbies?" I pulled out the .44 and said, I have one hobby - making .44 caliber holes in #@$'s who won't take no for an answer. He disappeared faster than I would ever have expected. If he had made any further aggressive move I would have shot him. I later found out that he had been a notorious scourge of the neighborhood, but had died of AIDS. So chalk one up for the armed citizen.

Old 06-25-2012, 07:13 PM   #54

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

People just wouldn't believe this stuff, until it happens to them.
Certified in napping
Certified in BBQ on the Green Egg
Brother1962 Likes This 
Old 06-25-2012, 08:17 PM   #55
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I have had other incidents where being armed has saved my bacon. I had been burglarized twice in 2 weeks, so stayed up nights waiting for the turkey. I caught him in my garage one night, and he acted like he was going to smack me with a tire tool, so I fired a shot (unfortunately) thru the roof of my garage. He decided to be really polite and sit still until the deputies showed up. My wife heard the shot and called 911. The only comment the deputies had about the shot was, "You fired a shot thru your garage roof?" The perp was 18 years old, and all dressed up in a black sweatshirt, black jeans, tucked into black boots, and wearing a "really cool" black beret. He did 2-10 for several burglaries in the neighborhood. I kinda felt bad about the shot, but he was lucky it didn't go thru his chest. His momma wanted to sue me for endangering sonny-boy, but nothing came of it.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:33 AM   #56

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU
I have had other incidents where being armed has saved my bacon. I had been burglarized twice in 2 weeks, so stayed up nights waiting for the turkey. I caught him in my garage one night, and he acted like he was going to smack me with a tire tool, so I fired a shot (unfortunately) thru the roof of my garage. He decided to be really polite and sit still until the deputies showed up. My wife heard the shot and called 911. The only comment the deputies had about the shot was, "You fired a shot thru your garage roof?" The perp was 18 years old, and all dressed up in a black sweatshirt, black jeans, tucked into black boots, and wearing a "really cool" black beret. He did 2-10 for several burglaries in the neighborhood. I kinda felt bad about the shot, but he was lucky it didn't go thru his chest. His momma wanted to sue me for endangering sonny-boy, but nothing came of it.
Haha I'm sure the beret was super scary hahahahhaha

Old 06-26-2012, 11:55 AM   #57
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by naf84 View Post
Haha I'm sure the beret was super scary hahahahhaha
Yep. He looked almost like a real "grownup". Or maybe more like a li'l kid playing "Navy Seal".

Last edited by AIKIJUTSU; 06-26-2012 at 12:05 PM.

Old 06-26-2012, 03:27 PM   #58
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 8934 Times on 5345 Posts
Likes Given: 11935

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
If I'm going to protect me an mine, i sure as hell ain't walking out wit no pistol..... I'm coming out loaded for Bear.... If you come onto my property waving a gun you are DEAD MEAT......Then I'll let the cops figure out the rest........Shouda, woulda coulda........ Don't hesitate..... Your life depends on it......
I'd go visit Wills and his family but I'm afraid he'd shoot me as I walk up to his front door.

Old 06-26-2012, 11:10 PM   #59

Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I'd go visit Wills and his family but I'm afraid he'd shoot me as I walk up to his front door.
Naw---bark vs bite & all that
If he's like me hardly a week goes by someone drops by & starts pulling out guns

Old 06-27-2012, 04:10 AM   #60

I find that if you open carry you have less likely of a chance to need your sidearm. If they know you have it they will move on. And when I used to go on raids most of the firearms I saw confiscated were beat to hell and usually had low quality ammo in them.