Personal Testimonies - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

Personal Testimonies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2012, 04:40 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 863 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray
Ive been shot at a few times but ive fortunately never had to shoot anyone, ive had to draw down on people probably 1,000 times "if i had to give a count",but never had to pull the trigger. I still remember the very first time that i had to draw my gun and point it at a person, my hands were shaking afterwards and i got a pretty good adrenaline dump. If you have ever had to draw your gun on someone your body will respond two ways " fight or flight", you will either be ready to squeeze the trigger or you will lock up.
Be glad you never had to find out how it would effect you. Some people puke after the first time. Some of us didn't and wont. My first time I DID pull the trigger and I don't regret it one bit. 12 GA rubber 00 Buck. Drug dealer who had left ALOT OF coke stashed in the wall of me and my moms apartment. He came in w his key from when he lived there. I got out of the shower, he was standing in the door way. He threatened me w a damn 22. I reached around my bedroom door and grabbed my avenger. Needless to say his trip 3' backwards over a 2nd story railing wasn't fun. He admitted to it all and the neighbors who where coming in backed it all up.

Old 06-24-2012, 04:43 AM   #42

Liked 1040 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
Did you get any other dumping? I know I did. I always encouraged boots to carry extra drawers. The great thing? No one laughs when it happens.
I still got the adrenaline rush if it was already a hairy situation and there was a violent crime in progress, but after doing it so many times it becomes almost second nature and you dont think much about it.

Last edited by MrWray; 06-24-2012 at 04:46 AM.

Old 06-24-2012, 05:00 AM   #43

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanBaccha
Carrying makes sense. Especially on those special days when 'unexpectancy' catches you with your pants down.
There was only one time I pulled a firearm out and threaten to shoot their f**king brains out. It was when I drove
a yellow taxi-cab in NYC at night. It was forbidden to carry even a switchblade in that city. But only I can defend
myself when the hour calls for it the best way I can. It was 4 a.m. in the morning of a weekday. I stopped the cab
on the corner of 42nd Street & Broadway waiting for the traffic light to change. No one out at that hour of the night.
Getting ready to retire for the evening. When suddenly I heard as if from afar the screams for help and footsteps
running toward my cab. I turned to see a freckle-faced girl of twenty open the door and in terror and panic jump in
scared out of her mind. A minute later four black young men opened the door and grabbed her by her red hair and
pulled her half out. I immediately pulled a .38 S&W snub-nose revolver I carried illegally and pointed it at this guy's
face screaming expletives at him readying to fire away. He immediately let go of the young girl, and the four of them
ran away as fast as they first appeared. I told this story already. But what would have happened to that young
tourist visiting NYC with parents (asleep at hotel) if I didn't carry? Probably both of us would be dead. For I couldn't
live with myself if I did not try and save her. I'm glad I did. And to this day I can't help wondering if that young red-headed
freckled-face girl ever thinks of me.
Good job buddy! And those liberal Yankees think no good guy needs a gun.

Old 06-24-2012, 05:09 AM   #44

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Hossfly sure does like to cyberly "roll his eyes"
(I made that word up if y'all couldn't guess haha)

Old 06-24-2012, 05:14 AM   #45

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Gun control is not a regional issue. It seems to me "Liberals" live in all parts of the country. The most severe gun control in recent decades have come from the South as well. Carter Ga., LBJ Txs., Clinton Ark., gave us such things as the 68 Gun Law, The BATF, the ASWB. We are all gun owners lets stick together and watch who we vote for in or own states.

Old 06-24-2012, 12:41 PM   #46

Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by naf84 View Post
Hossfly sure does like to cyberly "roll his eyes"
(I made that word up if y'all couldn't guess haha)
If you could possibly pay attention you'd know i only use it on post by idiots, those that post useless drivel, get completely off topic & you

Old 06-24-2012, 02:02 PM   #47

Liked 246 Times on 180 Posts

"..................................
image-1305096360.jpg  

Old 06-24-2012, 02:18 PM   #48
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1933 Times on 1370 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Over Kill........

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl_boy32 View Post
3 lil hoods broke into my garage looking for my 69 plymouth Roadrunner I heard the racket and came out with my walter ppq 9mm missed them but I'm glad I had it
If I'm going to protect me an mine, i sure as hell ain't walking out wit no pistol..... I'm coming out loaded for Bear.... If you come onto my property waving a gun you are DEAD MEAT......Then I'll let the cops figure out the rest........Shouda, woulda coulda........ Don't hesitate..... Your life depends on it......

Old 06-24-2012, 02:29 PM   #49

Liked 2528 Times on 1568 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum

If I'm going to protect me an mine, i sure as hell ain't walking out wit no pistol..... I'm coming out loaded for Bear.... If you come onto my property waving a gun you are DEAD MEAT......Then I'll let the cops figure out the rest........Shouda, woulda coulda........ Don't hesitate..... Your life depends on it......
Don't miss with this bad boy. You know what to do. Bye bye bad guys.
image-290837283.jpg  

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 06-24-2012, 07:33 PM   #50

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Humm- TWO shootings of civilians by a non LEO in one lifetime - unusual
So, what's your point? You must be an expert on non LEO shootings. Also my one lifetime isn't over yet, there might
be another incident in my future. I'll try to get deputized before that happens.

I have a friend that has been involved in FOUR shootings of civilians by a non LEO in one lifetime - very unusual
He owns a liquor store.

From now on I'll just keep my experiences to myself and let the giant internet intellects relate their experiences.
Certified in napping
Certified in BBQ on the Green Egg

Last edited by trex1310; 06-25-2012 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Correction