Personal Testimonies - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Personal Testimonies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2012, 12:37 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9209 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by trex1310

Very good advice that should always be followed. No exceptions.
Name, rank, serial number. Beyond that, cooperate to the fullest extent, but NEVER admit to ANYTHING, I don't care if they ask you what you had for lunch.

Also, the police are not always out to get you. But a liberal, punk ass public defender might be.

Old 06-24-2012, 12:36 AM   #32

Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by trex1310 View Post
This is a brief account of another shooting incident that I was
involved in: (The 2nd and last shooting I was involved in)

I was on a deer hunting trip at a friend's place
in very remote Alabama. I made a run to the
only grocery store for miles around. There was
a group of rough looking black men shooting dice
in one corner. I got my goods and was about to
pay when a man approached and said "how much
money you got in that wallet?" I just ignored him
and paid my bill. When I was walking out I had a
funny feeling, so I took my S&W M64 4" 38SPL
out of the holster and had it in my hand. As I
neared my truck the same black guy approached
me and said "give me the money mother******.

As I turned he was drawing a snub nose revolver
from his front pocket. I shot him once in the chest
and he went down on his back. I put my foot on
his arm and removed the revolver. His pals as well
as the store owner came out. I explained what
happened and the storeowner went to call the
Sheriff's office. The guy just lay there groaning
and bleeding. His friends never touched him. I was
interviewed by the Deputy that responded and was
free to go. My trusty .38 was loaded with Winchester
Ranger T +P 130 gr JHP. It did the job that day.

The gentleman was later convicted of armed robbery
and sentenced to 15 years in state prison.
Humm- TWO shootings of civilians by a non LEO in one lifetime - unusual

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Last edited by HOSSFLY; 06-24-2012 at 12:39 AM.

Old 06-24-2012, 01:06 AM   #33

I'm a retired tactical medic with over 800 raids in Northwest Indiana ie: Gary, Hammond, East Chicago and only took fire a handful of times and never once had to use more than non lethal means. Just sayin

Old 06-24-2012, 02:09 AM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1269 Times on 753 Posts
Likes Given: 244

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorwest View Post
Thanks for posting this. Really good story to remind cwp holders how important doing your homework is. Thanks again for Partdeux for posting.
There's another great story on the XDForum, of a woman who shot and killed an intruder in her home. Everything they have gone through was eye opening.

Tom Gresham on Guntalk.com talks about a shooting costs starts at 100k and goes up from there.

Old 06-24-2012, 03:13 AM   #35

Liked 69 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 117

I've never had to draw my gun, but I've come close. I was working for HP and I was heading to Vernal here in Utah for a job. I came upon someone going slower than I wanted to go. I gave them some distance waiting for a passing zone. When the opportunity came up I floored it and passed them safely. I didn't cut them off and I didn't get too close before pulling out.

For some reason, this infuriated them. They began driving erratically. Being in the middle of nowhere I only had one option and I felt it was unsafe to keep driving around this guy as he was swerving at me and there was no way I could outrun him in my company vehicle.

I pulled over, and he did the same. I got out of my car and he got out of his yelling obscenities at me. I yelled at him to knock it off, get back in his car, and leave. I had lifted my shirt as soon as I got out of the car and had my hand on my gun. I can only guess that he noticed as I was yelling at him because he became very somber suddenly and did exactly what I told him to. Never found out what his malfunction was though.

On a more amusing note, I did have to draw in my house once. I was late at night and I was the only one home. I was in the basement watching T.V. when I heard a loud thunk in the room directly above me. I paused for a second for another sound. I didn't hear anything but decided to grab one of my guns and check it out. With my gun drawn I headed for the room above me and couldn't find anyone. Upon looking in the shower I found a squeegee normally hanging on the wall, on the floor.

Just to be sure I checked the rest of the house and fond nothing. All the doors were locked and nothing to be concerned about. I sure felt like a heel.

Old 06-24-2012, 03:20 AM   #36

Liked 2414 Times on 1504 Posts
Likes Given: 51

I was 16, we just moved into a new house. Bad part of town. Home alone, heard people talking outside, saw a truck and trailer in the drive never had seen before. They were trying to come in the front door. Two men. I ran into my dads room grabbed a 1911 and a 12 gauge pump. As soon as I grabbed the shotgun they came in. Small house btw, I racked a shell into that pump and they yelled " maintenance!!" The house was a rental and they were coming by to measure stuff. I was unaware. No one got hurt or anything, underpants did get dirtied. This was not the only instance. The next time dad was home, 11 or so at night I was visiting, was 20 at the time. Guy walked in found a Kimbers muzzle in his face, promptly left.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 06-24-2012, 03:38 AM   #37

Only had to actually draw and shoot in a semi emergency once as a civilian.

I was taking out the trash late one night. I heard a strange noise, and didn't even want to investigate, I just wanted to leave the area (it was about 100 yards from my house).
There suddenly came flying out of the ditch, the most terrifying thing I'd seen in a long time. They are known for stealing, being wild and ornery, and for randomly attacking people on occasion.

A rabid raccoon. I drew my Smith model 65 and fired once, hitting the critter in the head, about 7 yards.

When it comes to people, I've used a stick, my bare knuckles, and on one occasion, an extremely large pair of imitation testicles made of hard rubber (truck nutz, google it). Never had to use a gun on a person as a civilian.

Old 06-24-2012, 03:44 AM   #38

Liked 1960 Times on 1032 Posts
Likes Given: 4288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
I've never had to draw my gun, but I've come close. I was working for HP and I was heading to Vernal here in Utah for a job. I came upon someone going slower than I wanted to go. I gave them some distance waiting for a passing zone. When the opportunity came up I floored it and passed them safely. I didn't cut them off and I didn't get too close before pulling out.

For some reason, this infuriated them. They began driving erratically. Being in the middle of nowhere I only had one option and I felt it was unsafe to keep driving around this guy as he was swerving at me and there was no way I could outrun him in my company vehicle.

I pulled over, and he did the same. I got out of my car and he got out of his yelling obscenities at me. I yelled at him to knock it off, get back in his car, and leave. I had lifted my shirt as soon as I got out of the car and had my hand on my gun. I can only guess that he noticed as I was yelling at him because he became very somber suddenly and did exactly what I told him to. Never found out what his malfunction was though.

On a more amusing note, I did have to draw in my house once. I was late at night and I was the only one home. I was in the basement watching T.V. when I heard a loud thunk in the room directly above me. I paused for a second for another sound. I didn't hear anything but decided to grab one of my guns and check it out. With my gun drawn I headed for the room above me and couldn't find anyone. Upon looking in the shower I found a squeegee normally hanging on the wall, on the floor.

Just to be sure I checked the rest of the house and fond nothing. All the doors were locked and nothing to be concerned about. I sure felt like a heel.
Don't feel bed, I did the EXACT same thing last week...things that go bump in the night ...was an adventure 'clearing' the house all blurry eyed at 2am with a nutty dog underfoot. ...never did find out what the 'bump' was...
Old 06-24-2012, 04:19 AM   #39

Liked 1037 Times on 620 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Ive been shot at a few times but ive fortunately never had to shoot anyone, ive had to draw down on people probably 1,000 times "if i had to give a count",but never had to pull the trigger. I still remember the very first time that i had to draw my gun and point it at a person, my hands were shaking afterwards and i got a pretty good adrenaline dump. If you have ever had to draw your gun on someone your body will respond two ways " fight or flight", you will either be ready to squeeze the trigger or you will lock up.

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Brother1962 Likes This 
Old 06-24-2012, 04:31 AM   #40

Did you get any other dumping? I know I did. I always encouraged boots to carry extra drawers. The great thing? No one laughs when it happens.