Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Personal Testimonies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2012, 11:04 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Someone should let Zach know there's a good reason that targets don't have legs.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 06-20-2012, 12:04 PM   #12

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

In 1987 i was attacked in a park in dallas around 9:00. They shot me with a small caliber like a 25 or 32 at point blank range. By some miracle i am still here today, i don't leave the house unarmed ever.
I've had people ask why i carry, and i tell them this story. Alot of people tell me thats still no reason. I always reply u get shot spend 2 weeks in the hospital carry the slug still in u then come talk to me. Yes i still have the slug under my right eye, they said it would do more damage to get it out then leave it. They believe its a full metal jacket round ball.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:22 PM   #13

Liked 163 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 260

ellwood, glad you survived but hate that you got shot.

I have never had to pull out my gun except to stop a couple of mean looking targets at the range. I pray that it stays that way.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

vincent Likes This 
Old 06-20-2012, 12:36 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Carrying makes sense. Especially on those special days when 'unexpectancy' catches you with your pants down.
There was only one time I pulled a firearm out and threaten to shoot their f**king brains out. It was when I drove
a yellow taxi-cab in NYC at night. It was forbidden to carry even a switchblade in that city. But only I can defend
myself when the hour calls for it the best way I can. It was 4 a.m. in the morning of a weekday. I stopped the cab
on the corner of 42nd Street & Broadway waiting for the traffic light to change. No one out at that hour of the night.
Getting ready to retire for the evening. When suddenly I heard as if from afar the screams for help and footsteps
running toward my cab. I turned to see a freckle-faced girl of twenty open the door and in terror and panic jump in
scared out of her mind. A minute later four black young men opened the door and grabbed her by her red hair and
pulled her half out. I immediately pulled a .38 S&W snub-nose revolver I carried illegally and pointed it at this guy's
face screaming expletives at him readying to fire away. He immediately let go of the young girl, and the four of them
ran away as fast as they first appeared. I told this story already. But what would have happened to that young
tourist visiting NYC with parents (asleep at hotel) if I didn't carry? Probably both of us would be dead. For I couldn't
live with myself if I did not try and save her. I'm glad I did. And to this day I can't help wondering if that young red-headed
freckled-face girl ever thinks of me.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:00 PM   #15

Liked 2373 Times on 1482 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl_boy32
3 lil hoods broke into my garage looking for my 69 plymouth Roadrunner I heard the racket and came out with my walter ppq 9mm missed them but I'm glad I had it
Got any pics of that roadrunner? Love those cars.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 06-20-2012, 01:55 PM   #16

Liked 55 Times on 52 Posts

When my mother was pregnant with me in 1981, my dad was shot by a ND. A co worker was showing off his new gun, a .25 when it went off and hit my dad in the side. He said it felt like a burning hot sledge hammer and dropped him. Thank God he made it, but the doctors said it could do more harm than good if they try and take it out. He has since had physatic (however u spell) nerve damage/pain that he has to live with. It comes and goes and doesnt hurt alot when hes active and healthy. Even tho this happened nearly 30 years ago, and it was an accident, my mother would not allow guns. They have been seperated for 5 years now, and my dad has been training in KM for 5 years lol. He recently bought a S&W AR-15, but relys on his KM skills and not a handgun. I plan on getting him a .45 for Xmas and make sure he always has it on him or in his truck.

Old 06-20-2012, 01:57 PM   #17

Liked 55 Times on 52 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanBaccha
Carrying makes sense. Especially on those special days when 'unexpectancy' catches you with your pants down.
There was only one time I pulled a firearm out and threaten to shoot their f**king brains out. It was when I drove
a yellow taxi-cab in NYC at night. It was forbidden to carry even a switchblade in that city. But only I can defend
myself when the hour calls for it the best way I can. It was 4 a.m. in the morning of a weekday. I stopped the cab
on the corner of 42nd Street & Broadway waiting for the traffic light to change. No one out at that hour of the night.
Getting ready to retire for the evening. When suddenly I heard as if from afar the screams for help and footsteps
running toward my cab. I turned to see a freckle-faced girl of twenty open the door and in terror and panic jump in
scared out of her mind. A minute later four black young men opened the door and grabbed her by her red hair and
pulled her half out. I immediately pulled a .38 S&W snub-nose revolver I carried illegally and pointed it at this guy's
face screaming expletives at him readying to fire away. He immediately let go of the young girl, and the four of them
ran away as fast as they first appeared. I told this story already. But what would have happened to that young
tourist visiting NYC with parents (asleep at hotel) if I didn't carry? Probably both of us would be dead. For I couldn't
live with myself if I did not try and save her. I'm glad I did. And to this day I can't help wondering if that young red-headed
Even though I am a big supporter of being a law abiding citizen, sometimes the law cant always protect you and you have to take matters into your own hands. GJ buddy

Old 06-20-2012, 02:02 PM   #18
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6944 Times on 4177 Posts
Likes Given: 8349

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanBaccha View Post
I'm glad I did. And to this day I can't help wondering if that young red-headed
I guarantee you she does.........

Old 06-20-2012, 03:52 PM   #19

Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

I wasn't conceal carrying I was walking through my uncles back property, I was carrying my winchester 30-30 just because I feel safer carrying one when I walk through the woods. But I was walking checking the fence making sure it was still in good condition, and I walked up on some people camping. I decided to stick back and watch what they were doing. Turned out it was a bunch of teenagers one of them had a shot gun and I only saw one pistol. So I stayed back into cover about 100 yards away from the camp on a small cliff.

I yelled to them that they are on private property and best leave, well one of the young men grabbed the shotgun and two more popped out one with a pistol but I couldn't see if the other two were armed. They yelled insults swearing up and down that they were invited and blah blah. Finally I just told them I would be calling the cops if they didn't leave. I don't really know what in the hell they were doing but I'm glade that I had my gun with me. Since then though I spent several days putting up a 5 foot bob wire fence and trail cameras up on more then just the deer trails.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Last edited by unclebear; 06-20-2012 at 03:54 PM.

Old 06-20-2012, 09:49 PM   #20

Great stories. I will share them with my students... Here's one of mine.... I was in a public restroom one night, number 2, when a couple of guys came in and kicked in a guys stall next to me and demanded his wallet. I heard the victim say don't shoot me and threw him his wallet. At that time I carried a Glock 17. When the perps kicked my door all they saw was the barrel. They tucked and ran. I finished my biz and then joined the man hunt. We caught them the following weekend doing the same thing at a Rey stop. Found out later that they had shot one of their Vic's for not having a wallet on him...side note --I always put my weapon in my underwear between my legs when in public restrooms.