Personal Testimonies
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Personal Testimonies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2012, 04:05 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Personal Testimonies

You hear Lot of " I would rather have it and not need it...." but who has had it and Needed it? Let's hear the stories, they may help someone who winds up in a need it situation some day.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-19-2012, 05:55 PM   #2

It happened to a friend of mine in San Antonio when I lived there. A hoodlum came after him with a knife in quickmart parking lot around 10:30 at night. Zach shot the guy in the thigh. Police did not press charges after reviewing the security cameras. BUT, the district attorney thought otherwise. They pressed charges. Zach hired a lawyer and went to court. The charges were dropped during the trial. AMAZING. Zach had to cash in his 401k for expenses. But his lawyer made a bunch. What a racket!!! Then about six months later the guys family tried to sue Zach. Had to get a second mortgage this time. Zach won. What a waste of time and $$$$$$. Only shoot if you absolutely have too!

Old 06-19-2012, 08:14 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

3 lil hoods broke into my garage looking for my 69 plymouth Roadrunner I heard the racket and came out with my walter ppq 9mm missed them but I'm glad I had it

Old 06-19-2012, 09:48 PM   #4

For what its worth, after talking to Zach after it happened, he told me he was more scared that the guys buddies were around the corner of the building waiting to come out znd shoot him, than he was to make the decision to shoot the hoodlum.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:01 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I was worried that they would open fire back and there would be a gun fight in my tiny garage

Old 06-19-2012, 11:45 PM   #6

Liked 55 Times on 52 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by erandyc
It happened to a friend of mine in San Antonio when I lived there. A hoodlum came after him with a knife in quickmart parking lot around 10:30 at night. Zach shot the guy in the thigh. Police did not press charges after reviewing the security cameras. BUT, the district attorney thought otherwise. They pressed charges. Zach hired a lawyer and went to court. The charges were dropped during the trial. AMAZING. Zach had to cash in his 401k for expenses. But his lawyer made a bunch. What a racket!!! Then about six months later the guys family tried to sue Zach. Had to get a second mortgage this time. Zach won. What a waste of time and $$$$$$. Only shoot if you absolutely have too!
Where at in San Antonio? My hometown

Old 06-20-2012, 04:24 AM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by erandyc
Stories like that blow my mind. Legal system trying to protect criminals. Jeez.

Old 06-20-2012, 04:28 AM   #8

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Sounds like if you shoot, shoot to kill. Survivors could present a problem.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:03 AM   #9

Liked 259 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid View Post
Sounds like if you shoot, shoot to kill. Survivors could present a problem.
I dunno about the conceal carry classes you guy's went to. But mine said you never shoot to wound cause you give the BG a chance to shoot back.

Old 06-20-2012, 08:27 AM   #10
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2873 Times on 1660 Posts
Likes Given: 1236

If there is a reason to present a firearm, it is to stop the threat permanently.

Shooting to wound is not stopping the threat permanently.
Shooting to warn uses precious ammo and presents other dangers to the shooter.
Presenting a firearm without the intent to permanently stop the threat (as in a bluff), creates other problems for the presenter.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)