Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Personal Testimonies (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/personal-testimonies-66698/)

gatorwest 06-19-2012 05:05 PM

Personal Testimonies

You hear Lot of " I would rather have it and not need it...." but who has had it and Needed it? Let's hear the stories, they may help someone who winds up in a need it situation some day.

erandyc 06-19-2012 06:55 PM

It happened to a friend of mine in San Antonio when I lived there. A hoodlum came after him with a knife in quickmart parking lot around 10:30 at night. Zach shot the guy in the thigh. Police did not press charges after reviewing the security cameras. BUT, the district attorney thought otherwise. They pressed charges. Zach hired a lawyer and went to court. The charges were dropped during the trial. AMAZING. Zach had to cash in his 401k for expenses. But his lawyer made a bunch. What a racket!!! Then about six months later the guys family tried to sue Zach. Had to get a second mortgage this time. Zach won. What a waste of time and $$$$$$. Only shoot if you absolutely have too!

stl_boy32 06-19-2012 09:14 PM

3 lil hoods broke into my garage looking for my 69 plymouth Roadrunner I heard the racket and came out with my walter ppq 9mm missed them but I'm glad I had it

erandyc 06-19-2012 10:48 PM

For what its worth, after talking to Zach after it happened, he told me he was more scared that the guys buddies were around the corner of the building waiting to come out znd shoot him, than he was to make the decision to shoot the hoodlum.

stl_boy32 06-19-2012 11:01 PM

I was worried that they would open fire back and there would be a gun fight in my tiny garage

GlockRenegade 06-20-2012 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erandyc
It happened to a friend of mine in San Antonio when I lived there. A hoodlum came after him with a knife in quickmart parking lot around 10:30 at night. Zach shot the guy in the thigh. Police did not press charges after reviewing the security cameras. BUT, the district attorney thought otherwise. They pressed charges. Zach hired a lawyer and went to court. The charges were dropped during the trial. AMAZING. Zach had to cash in his 401k for expenses. But his lawyer made a bunch. What a racket!!! Then about six months later the guys family tried to sue Zach. Had to get a second mortgage this time. Zach won. What a waste of time and $$$$$$. Only shoot if you absolutely have too!

Where at in San Antonio? My hometown:)

naf84 06-20-2012 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erandyc

Stories like that blow my mind. Legal system trying to protect criminals. Jeez.

Durangokid 06-20-2012 05:28 AM

Sounds like if you shoot, shoot to kill. Survivors could present a problem.;)

Gh0zt36 06-20-2012 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durangokid (Post 842729)
Sounds like if you shoot, shoot to kill. Survivors could present a problem.;)

I dunno about the conceal carry classes you guy's went to. But mine said you never shoot to wound cause you give the BG a chance to shoot back.

danf_fl 06-20-2012 09:27 AM

If there is a reason to present a firearm, it is to stop the threat permanently.

Shooting to wound is not stopping the threat permanently.
Shooting to warn uses precious ammo and presents other dangers to the shooter.
Presenting a firearm without the intent to permanently stop the threat (as in a bluff), creates other problems for the presenter.