Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Parents suck ass

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2009, 02:40 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Parents suck ass

Don't really know where to put this so I guess I'll put my little rant here. Parents won't let me have a gun. Dad owns three firearms. .22, 410 and a 30-06. Yet I cannot have a handgun. I CAN have a hunting rifle, but not a handgun. Seems kind of stupid to me, one-sided and hypoctical. I'm 22, I have $6,000 saved away. Can I get a home loan with $6,000? I'm just getting sick of living at home. I can't do anything that remotely seems like fun because I live with parents who watch over me like a nanny. Can't do this, can't do that. Can't do anything I want to. I was thinking about not listening, just buying one, and not telling them about it. But that doesn't seem to me like a good idea. What should I do? Anybody?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-07-2009, 02:55 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Obviously since it's your parents house you should do what they ask you to do. They pay your way, they are looking out for you, they aren't asking too much.

IMO this little rant is a sign of immaturity and disrespect and to be honest if you were my kid I'd be busting your hiney for ya!

Either do what they ask or move out. Go make your own way and don't ask for favors from parents you can't even respect. Brat.

Old 09-07-2009, 03:09 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I just answered you on the other thread, but here goes again:

Your Dad is right. It is his house and you should respect his rules. If you want to do things your way, move out, get your own place, and buy whatever you want. You might find it a little harder to buy whatever you want though when you are paying all your own bills!

Old 09-07-2009, 04:08 AM   #4

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Hogger are you in school? Do you have a maternal attachment that keeps you from leaving home. Boy, get your butt out of that house and find you some place else to stay. It's time to leave the nest, find and/or continue working and start paying your own way. As long as you live under your fathers roof, that's his house, his rules. He has raised you, now it's time to do your part.

Show some maturity and respect to your parents and prove to them you can make it on your own and make your own decisions, Mary Tyler Moore. Your parents don't suck ass, don't be so disrespectful. Fly away little bird, it's time to leave the nest and make your way in the world. I hear the military is looking for a few good men, are you one? Travel to exotic places, meet exotic people and learn new cultures. Handle and shoot lots of different weapons and get lots of great target practice and get paid all the while your having this fun.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 09-07-2009, 12:44 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I agree with everything stated above. If you are in school, fine, but while you live in your parent's house you need to respect their rules. If you want to make your own rules then you need to find you're own place. If you can't find a job that will support you, fine, but again you have to respect their rules and KEEP LOOKING! Sorry you're frustrated with your folks but look at the bright side, they haven't thrown you out! You've still got a roof over your head and are showing concern for your well being. There are a lot of people out there that don't have that kind of support.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 09-07-2009, 01:03 PM   #6

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

You're 22 and still live at home - consider yourself fortunate that you haven't been tossed out to fend for yourself. If you want freedom, move out and totally support yourself. Until then, respect the rules and have some cheese with that whine.

Based on the maturity you demonstrated with this thread, are you really ready to go it alone - and own a handgun?

I'll echo IGETEVEN's advice. Go down and see a recruiter and sign up...

Last edited by NGIB; 09-07-2009 at 01:10 PM.

Old 09-07-2009, 01:09 PM   #7

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Parris Island, SC is really nice this time of year...

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 09-07-2009, 01:11 PM   #8

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
Parris Island, SC is really nice this time of year...
As is Columbia SC and San Antonio TX...

Old 09-07-2009, 01:23 PM   #9

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Maybe, but there's no escape from Parris Is. when he changes his mind...

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 09-07-2009, 03:41 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
Maybe, but there's no escape from Parris Is. when he changes his mind...
Fastest way off Parris Island is to graduate! Longest 13 weeks of my life....but also the easiest.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer