Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Parents suck ass (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/parents-suck-ass-17772/)

hogger129 09-07-2009 02:40 AM

Parents suck ass

Don't really know where to put this so I guess I'll put my little rant here. Parents won't let me have a gun. Dad owns three firearms. .22, 410 and a 30-06. Yet I cannot have a handgun. I CAN have a hunting rifle, but not a handgun. Seems kind of stupid to me, one-sided and hypoctical. I'm 22, I have $6,000 saved away. Can I get a home loan with $6,000? I'm just getting sick of living at home. I can't do anything that remotely seems like fun because I live with parents who watch over me like a nanny. Can't do this, can't do that. Can't do anything I want to. I was thinking about not listening, just buying one, and not telling them about it. But that doesn't seem to me like a good idea. What should I do? Anybody?

Gojubrian 09-07-2009 02:55 AM

Obviously since it's your parents house you should do what they ask you to do. They pay your way, they are looking out for you, they aren't asking too much.

IMO this little rant is a sign of immaturity and disrespect and to be honest if you were my kid I'd be busting your hiney for ya!

Either do what they ask or move out. Go make your own way and don't ask for favors from parents you can't even respect. Brat. :mad:

Lowrider 09-07-2009 03:09 AM

I just answered you on the other thread, but here goes again:

Your Dad is right. It is his house and you should respect his rules. If you want to do things your way, move out, get your own place, and buy whatever you want. You might find it a little harder to buy whatever you want though when you are paying all your own bills!

IGETEVEN 09-07-2009 04:08 AM

Hogger are you in school? Do you have a maternal attachment that keeps you from leaving home. Boy, get your butt out of that house and find you some place else to stay. It's time to leave the nest, find and/or continue working and start paying your own way. As long as you live under your fathers roof, that's his house, his rules. He has raised you, now it's time to do your part.

Show some maturity and respect to your parents and prove to them you can make it on your own and make your own decisions, Mary Tyler Moore. Your parents don't suck ass, don't be so disrespectful. Fly away little bird, it's time to leave the nest and make your way in the world. I hear the military is looking for a few good men, are you one? Travel to exotic places, meet exotic people and learn new cultures. Handle and shoot lots of different weapons and get lots of great target practice and get paid all the while your having this fun. :);)

Jack

spittinfire 09-07-2009 12:44 PM

I agree with everything stated above. If you are in school, fine, but while you live in your parent's house you need to respect their rules. If you want to make your own rules then you need to find you're own place. If you can't find a job that will support you, fine, but again you have to respect their rules and KEEP LOOKING! Sorry you're frustrated with your folks but look at the bright side, they haven't thrown you out! You've still got a roof over your head and are showing concern for your well being. There are a lot of people out there that don't have that kind of support.

NGIB 09-07-2009 01:03 PM

You're 22 and still live at home - consider yourself fortunate that you haven't been tossed out to fend for yourself. If you want freedom, move out and totally support yourself. Until then, respect the rules and have some cheese with that whine.

Based on the maturity you demonstrated with this thread, are you really ready to go it alone - and own a handgun?

I'll echo IGETEVEN's advice. Go down and see a recruiter and sign up...

RL357Mag 09-07-2009 01:09 PM

Parris Island, SC is really nice this time of year...:)

NGIB 09-07-2009 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RL357Mag (Post 156374)
Parris Island, SC is really nice this time of year...:)

As is Columbia SC and San Antonio TX...

RL357Mag 09-07-2009 01:23 PM

Maybe, but there's no escape from Parris Is. when he changes his mind...:D

spittinfire 09-07-2009 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RL357Mag (Post 156379)
Maybe, but there's no escape from Parris Is. when he changes his mind...:D

Fastest way off Parris Island is to graduate! Longest 13 weeks of my life....but also the easiest.