Packing at the Ryman
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Packing at the Ryman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2012, 01:23 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Packing at the Ryman

Me & a friend of mine are packing heat in the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville during the Grand Ole Opry...& no one knows it but us. Just wanted to let everyone know. This feels so cool. Thank you & goodnight.

"When you've done all you can do & it's still broken..hold your head up, turn around, & walk away."

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-04-2012, 01:29 AM   #2

Liked 2179 Times on 1470 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanStationBluegrasser View Post
Me & a friend of mine are packing heat in the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville during the Grand Ole Opry...& no one knows it but us. Just wanted to let everyone know. This feels so cool. Thank you & goodnight.
Your exactly the type that scares me about so many CCL's being handed out

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Last edited by HOSSFLY; 02-04-2012 at 01:54 AM.

Old 02-04-2012, 02:17 AM   #3

Dear sir I was implying in no way that I or my friend are carrying for pure pleasure. I take gun safety very seriously as does my friend. We carry for personal protection. Carrying at The Ryman is just very different because it's not somewhere I would've ever pictured myself carrying a gun into. Have you ever walked downtown Nashville late on a friday night? The concern you have of my reason for carrying in any environment I choose to is about as important to me & to the state of Tennessee as what size shoe you wear. I have met the standards set by the state of Tennessee to obtain a CCL & carry where I am permitted if I choose to do so. & I chose to carry here. & I do so with safety & caution. Thank you for your input.

"When you've done all you can do & it's still broken..hold your head up, turn around, & walk away."

Old 02-04-2012, 02:27 AM   #4

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

There may be many other people in the Ryman carrying that you
don't know about. I know I would be.

Certified in napping
Certified in BBQ on the Green Egg

Old 02-04-2012, 02:36 AM   #5
mcb

Liked 68 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Why brag about it. I carry everyday and everywhere it's legal. It never occurs to me to announce it online. It's a big responsibility to be taken seriously.

Old 02-04-2012, 03:35 AM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Awesome Bean! Enjoy the show. Wish I could be there too, preferably seated far away from you guys. I hope you don't get patted upon enetering or your plans for the evening may change. Dude, Ill just say it , crap like that sounds pretty immature. I understand your jacked about your right/ability to carry but these other guys are right . Find comfort and peace in the fact you stand a better chance of walking away from an attack now . But Ill be honest when I read your post the very first things I thought were this guy must be pretty young, he may be trying to provoke negative comments (stirring it up) and I hope he's not as trigger happy as he sounds. Please use your head bro your representing all of us evil ccw gun nuts. No offense , just some advice take it or leave it . Have fun and enjoy the view of Miranda .

Old 02-04-2012, 03:55 AM   #7
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2123 Times on 1151 Posts
Likes Given: 769

OP-

Please don't take any offense, but a lot of folks on here get pretty leery of anyone bragging about where they carry. I doubt that was what you thought you were writing, but that's kind of the way it came across.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 02-04-2012, 04:06 AM   #8
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7088 Times on 4266 Posts
Likes Given: 8583

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Your exactly the type that scares me about so many CCL's being handed out
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcb View Post
Why brag about it. I carry everyday and everywhere it's legal. It never occurs to me to announce it online. It's a big responsibility to be taken seriously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
OP-

Please don't take any offense, but a lot of folks on here get pretty leery of anyone bragging about where they carry. I doubt that was what you thought you were writing, but that's kind of the way it came across.
Yeah......

Old 02-04-2012, 04:49 AM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5625 Times on 2940 Posts
Likes Given: 371

The only time i dont carry is when im at work. We deal with emotionally troubled children and getting into a tussle with one and having my gun come into play in their hands by accident is just not on my agenda.

The odds of getting into a struggle with one of the kids is much higherthan having to need the gun for protection so i choose not to carry at work. Other than that ive always got a gun unless i need to go througha metal detector.

It is like putting on my pants, just another article of clothing

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 02-04-2012, 04:50 AM   #10

Liked 1957 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
The only time i dont carry is when im at work. We deal with emotionally troubled children and getting into a tussle with one and having my gun come into play in their hands by accident is just not on my agenda.

The odds of getting into a struggle with one of the kids is much higherthan having to need the gun for protection so i choose not to carry at work. Other than that ive always got a gun unless i need to go througha metal detector.

It is like putting on my pants, just another article of clothing
Heh heh, my pants won't even stay up unless I'm heeled!

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting