Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Packing at the Ryman (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/packing-ryman-56951/)

BeanStationBluegrasser 02-04-2012 01:23 AM

Packing at the Ryman

Me & a friend of mine are packing heat in the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville during the Grand Ole Opry...& no one knows it but us. Just wanted to let everyone know. This feels so cool. Thank you & goodnight.

HOSSFLY 02-04-2012 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeanStationBluegrasser (Post 698609)
Me & a friend of mine are packing heat in the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville during the Grand Ole Opry...& no one knows it but us. Just wanted to let everyone know. This feels so cool. Thank you & goodnight.

Your exactly the type that scares me about so many CCL's being handed out :(

BeanStationBluegrasser 02-04-2012 02:17 AM

Dear sir I was implying in no way that I or my friend are carrying for pure pleasure. I take gun safety very seriously as does my friend. We carry for personal protection. Carrying at The Ryman is just very different because it's not somewhere I would've ever pictured myself carrying a gun into. Have you ever walked downtown Nashville late on a friday night? The concern you have of my reason for carrying in any environment I choose to is about as important to me & to the state of Tennessee as what size shoe you wear. I have met the standards set by the state of Tennessee to obtain a CCL & carry where I am permitted if I choose to do so. & I chose to carry here. & I do so with safety & caution. Thank you for your input.

trex1310 02-04-2012 02:27 AM

There may be many other people in the Ryman carrying that you
don't know about. I know I would be.

mcb 02-04-2012 02:36 AM

Why brag about it. I carry everyday and everywhere it's legal. It never occurs to me to announce it online. It's a big responsibility to be taken seriously.

WilliamTF 02-04-2012 03:35 AM

Awesome Bean! Enjoy the show. Wish I could be there too, preferably seated far away from you guys. I hope you don't get patted upon enetering or your plans for the evening may change. Dude, Ill just say it , crap like that sounds pretty immature. I understand your jacked about your right/ability to carry but these other guys are right . Find comfort and peace in the fact you stand a better chance of walking away from an attack now . But Ill be honest when I read your post the very first things I thought were this guy must be pretty young, he may be trying to provoke negative comments (stirring it up) and I hope he's not as trigger happy as he sounds. Please use your head bro your representing all of us evil ccw gun nuts. No offense , just some advice take it or leave it . Have fun and enjoy the view of Miranda .

ScottA 02-04-2012 03:55 AM

OP-

Please don't take any offense, but a lot of folks on here get pretty leery of anyone bragging about where they carry. I doubt that was what you thought you were writing, but that's kind of the way it came across.

winds-of-change 02-04-2012 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOSSFLY (Post 698621)
Your exactly the type that scares me about so many CCL's being handed out :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcb (Post 698708)
Why brag about it. I carry everyday and everywhere it's legal. It never occurs to me to announce it online. It's a big responsibility to be taken seriously.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottA (Post 698813)
OP-

Please don't take any offense, but a lot of folks on here get pretty leery of anyone bragging about where they carry. I doubt that was what you thought you were writing, but that's kind of the way it came across.

Yeah......

JonM 02-04-2012 04:49 AM

The only time i dont carry is when im at work. We deal with emotionally troubled children and getting into a tussle with one and having my gun come into play in their hands by accident is just not on my agenda.

The odds of getting into a struggle with one of the kids is much higherthan having to need the gun for protection so i choose not to carry at work. Other than that ive always got a gun unless i need to go througha metal detector.

It is like putting on my pants, just another article of clothing

vincent 02-04-2012 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 698859)
The only time i dont carry is when im at work. We deal with emotionally troubled children and getting into a tussle with one and having my gun come into play in their hands by accident is just not on my agenda.

The odds of getting into a struggle with one of the kids is much higherthan having to need the gun for protection so i choose not to carry at work. Other than that ive always got a gun unless i need to go througha metal detector.

It is like putting on my pants, just another article of clothing

Heh heh, my pants won't even stay up unless I'm heeled! :D