PA walmarts? CC friendly? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

PA walmarts? CC friendly?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2012, 05:48 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanNinja View Post
PA does allow open carry. At least it does in Philadelphia, but I do not recommend it. The Philadelphia police don't know Their own laws.
open carry is state wide,i open carried a few times out my way but i dont like it cuz it draws unwanted attention to me,i did attempt to open carry into walmart in hanover,as i was feeling to lazy to take it off just to go get my soda and they made me take it back out to my car.
Attempting to give a f*ck: ███████████████████] 99% Complete... ERROR!: Unable to give a f*ck.
"Im gonna be that guy that has the room full of guns/knifes and enough ammo to out last the oncoming zombie apocalypse :D"-ME

Old 03-27-2012, 06:08 AM   #22

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDMIST89

open carry is state wide,i open carried a few times out my way but i dont like it cuz it draws unwanted attention to me,i did attempt to open carry into walmart in hanover,as i was feeling to lazy to take it off just to go get my soda and they made me take it back out to my car.
Personally I never liked the idea of open carry. As you said, it draws unwanted attention. Not to mention I do not have a thumb break on my holster... whats to stop some scum bag from walking up behind me, grabbing my weapon and using it against me. I like the element of surprise.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:42 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanNinja View Post
Personally I never liked the idea of open carry. As you said, it draws unwanted attention. Not to mention I do not have a thumb break on my holster... whats to stop some scum bag from walking up behind me, grabbing my weapon and using it against me. I like the element of surprise.
my current holster has a thumb break but its a cheapo that someone gave me after i bought my gun but id least prevent "some scum bag from walking up behind me, grabbing my weapon and using it against me" this..i just dont like how everyone stares like your gonna pull sh!t n start blasting.That is why i got my LTCF from the local sheriff..much easier
Attempting to give a f*ck: ███████████████████] 99% Complete... ERROR!: Unable to give a f*ck.
"Im gonna be that guy that has the room full of guns/knifes and enough ammo to out last the oncoming zombie apocalypse :D"-ME

Last edited by REDMIST89; 03-27-2012 at 06:46 AM.

Old 03-27-2012, 12:11 PM   #24
mcb

Liked 71 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanNinja

PA does allow open carry. At least it does in Philadelphia, but I do not recommend it. The Philadelphia police don't know Their own laws.
There is no law on the book about open carry in PA, saying it is or is not allowed. Since there is not a law saying it is illegal, it can be assumed legal.
Many people I have known to open carry do it to prove a point.
Carrying open you are just asking for unwanted attention from unknowing leos.

Old 03-27-2012, 12:30 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcb View Post
There is no law on the book about open carry in PA, saying it is or is not allowed. Since there is not a law saying it is illegal, it can be assumed legal.
Many people I have known to open carry do it to prove a point.
Carrying open you are just asking for unwanted attention from unknowing leos.
exactly,i got hassled by the eastern regional police everytime i walked around my town open carrying,they knew the law but still gave me a hard time.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:35 AM   #26

Likes Given: 18

the problem is the law is now open to debate and the LAW is seen to be flexible, or at least asholes want to bend the law to suit them. if you are legally able to do it my thoughts are get it done. the way they win is by hassling you and you then think can i be bothered with the hassle and in turn you submit to the *******s.
in my day the law was exactly that the law, if people don't like it tough! they don't like it tell them to whine elsewhere to some one who gives a ****!

Old 03-28-2012, 09:37 AM   #27

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I was in Walmart one day and whyle reaching for something on the top shelf my XDM40 was visible but even with multiple other people in the isle noone said anything or acted weird. Well the gung ho security guard decided to call 911 and say there is someone in the store with a gun. Now let me go back a little before i finish what happened. Im an officer of the fire dept in the township the Walmart is in so you can see where this is going. So security told them where i was and the first 3 officers came looking for me. So when they found me they asked if i saw anyone with a gun causing a scene. I said no cause i didnt. I knew 2 of the 3 very closley being we go to the range weekly together. So they went on theyre way looking for the guy with a gun. I go out to the front of the store not knowing whats really going on just incase soemthing dose happen. Security is standing there with a few more officers and starts freaking out that im the one with the gun. So 2 other cops draw theyre weapon and point it at me giving me directions on what they want me to do. At this point the Captain and Lieuteneant(who is alos one of the SWAt snipers and a member at my fire dept) from the local police run in and see its me. They make the other police put theyre weapons away and walk up to me, lift my shirt and say ok what happened. I answered with i have no clue whats going on. Myself, the Captain, Lieutenant, and the security guard go to review the security tape to see what went on. Once everything was figured out i got to go finish my shopping whyle they called the store Manager in from her vacation to have a talk with the security guard with the police. Ive never had an issue since when i go there.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:05 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retaks View Post
I was in Walmart one day and whyle reaching for something on the top shelf my XDM40 was visible but even with multiple other people in the isle noone said anything or acted weird. Well the gung ho security guard decided to call 911 and say there is someone in the store with a gun. Now let me go back a little before i finish what happened. Im an officer of the fire dept in the township the Walmart is in so you can see where this is going. So security told them where i was and the first 3 officers came looking for me. So when they found me they asked if i saw anyone with a gun causing a scene. I said no cause i didnt. I knew 2 of the 3 very closley being we go to the range weekly together. So they went on theyre way looking for the guy with a gun. I go out to the front of the store not knowing whats really going on just incase soemthing dose happen. Security is standing there with a few more officers and starts freaking out that im the one with the gun. So 2 other cops draw theyre weapon and point it at me giving me directions on what they want me to do. At this point the Captain and Lieuteneant(who is alos one of the SWAt snipers and a member at my fire dept) from the local police run in and see its me. They make the other police put theyre weapons away and walk up to me, lift my shirt and say ok what happened. I answered with i have no clue whats going on. Myself, the Captain, Lieutenant, and the security guard go to review the security tape to see what went on. Once everything was figured out i got to go finish my shopping whyle they called the store Manager in from her vacation to have a talk with the security guard with the police. Ive never had an issue since when i go there.
the bold is what im trying to avoid...ik its legal but i dont want as happened to you,some security guy thinkin imma pull it n start blastin n call the cops,idk the police here very well n im not on the best terms with 3 of the local branches...so ik id get screwed over if my sigma showed.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:26 AM   #29

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDMIST89 View Post
the bold is what im trying to avoid...ik its legal but i dont want as happened to you,some security guy thinkin imma pull it n start blastin n call the cops,idk the police here very well n im not on the best terms with 3 of the local branches...so ik id get screwed over if my sigma showed.
You also need to think about we go shopping at Walmart atleast every other weekend, sometimes every weeknd and ive always taken my gun with me. It took approx 2.5 years before anyone said anything and ive never had a problem since. Im sure it has shown before but noone said anything. I dont go walking in there looking like a thug with it just tucked in my waistband. Its always in a holster on my right hip and i normally have 2 spare mag on my left hip. If you carry daily in a super populated area like im in its just a matter of time before someone says something but as long as your legal there are no issues.

Old 03-29-2012, 03:56 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retaks View Post
You also need to think about we go shopping at Walmart atleast every other weekend, sometimes every weeknd and ive always taken my gun with me. It took approx 2.5 years before anyone said anything and ive never had a problem since. Im sure it has shown before but noone said anything. I dont go walking in there looking like a thug with it just tucked in my waistband. Its always in a holster on my right hip and i normally have 2 spare mag on my left hip. If you carry daily in a super populated area like im in its just a matter of time before someone says something but as long as your legal there are no issues.
valid point..i do agree with that idea