p238 for my wifes first gun? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > p238 for my wifes first gun?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2012, 12:15 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 330 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Is the sig p938 out yet? Its the same but 9mm and about 1/4 inch longer and taller

Old 03-14-2012, 03:25 AM   #22
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7181 Times on 4322 Posts
Likes Given: 8767

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire View Post
Give you a break, why, because you are so emotional ? My comment is simple, most women don't care how the gun works. They want to have confidence quickly and not waste time learning about every little function on a semiauto. They could figure it out but they just don't care. The revolver is just simple, put the bullets in here and pull the trigger, done. Men want to play with everything they get there hands on. This is just a blanket statement and is based on percentage, not everyone. I see guys with their wives at the range all the time and I get many of the wives asking me if I brought my 10 shot 4" barrel smith revolver today. They all like it and want to shoot it, I take it every time I go to the range because it fits well for every new shooter.

Hmmm....emotional? I don't think so. It was more like righteous indignation. I like learning and knowing my guns as much as the next person. It really has nothing to do with male/female issues. I know a lot of guys who don't give a hoot about guns. I'd say I know more about guns then they do. In fact, I go to the range by myself. I rarely have a man with me. So, I am quite proficient with my guns. I just found it interesting that you would make a comment like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerBlue View Post
I can't believe you put Winds on blast like that! dude countries like saudi arabia and others of like are cheering for you right now. lol
Im just waiting for the "keep em in the kitchen" blast to come next. lol
Thanks, Dodger. I'm betting I can outshoot him at the range AND out cook him in the kitchen, too.
And I can even take apart and clean my Ruger Mark II, which everyone seems to think is a difficult task.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
your so off base its not even funny.

my wife hates revolvers she says they are too hard to load. she has three semi auto pistols all of which she picked. Desert Eagle 50AE, xdm 9mm, bersa thunder.

in fact here is her cranking off a few rounds with her Desert Eagle. i think she understand semi autos pretty well... there are damn few people who handle that heavy recoil heavy torque handgun like she does. if you dont grip it and control it it will jam or spit brass in your face

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYOkb6GHpxI
Thank you, Jon.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:06 AM   #23
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2773 Times on 1449 Posts
Likes Given: 243

Quote:
Give you a break, why, because you are so emotional ? My comment is simple, most women don't care how the gun works. They want to have confidence quickly and not waste time learning about every little function on a semiauto. They could figure it out but they just don't care. The revolver is just simple, put the bullets in here and pull the trigger, done. Men want to play with everything they get there hands on. This is just a blanket statement and is based on percentage, not everyone. I see guys with their wives at the range all the time and I get many of the wives asking me if I brought my 10 shot 4" barrel smith revolver today. They all like it and want to shoot it, I take it every time I go to the range because it fits well for every new shooter.

I think this is a good comment, thanks
My aren't you the male chauvinist? Is there a rock somewhere missing you? Come on man. How can anyone possibly know what "the majority of women want". Your comment was degrading and insensitive.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 03-14-2012, 11:27 AM   #24

Liked 1743 Times on 901 Posts
Likes Given: 1343

(Do I really want to get into this?)
Quote:
. . Most women will understand the way a revolver works better than a semiauto. .
I think this is true. I also think it’s true for most men. In fact, I’d put money on more men not being able to tell the difference between revolver and automatic rounds without reading the box or knowing what ‘+1’ means.

(Winds, by your very presence on this board, I wouldn't think you fit in the category of 'Most women'. I know I don’t.)

Last edited by Vincine; 03-15-2012 at 11:17 AM.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:26 PM   #25

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Hmmm....emotional? I don't think so. It was more like righteous indignation. I like learning and knowing my guns as much as the next person. It really has nothing to do with male/female issues. I know a lot of guys who don't give a hoot about guns. I'd say I know more about guns then they do. In fact, I go to the range by myself. I rarely have a man with me. So, I am quite proficient with my guns. I just found it interesting that you would make a comment like that.
It was a comment based on percentages. When you go to the range (by yourself) and you look up and down the range how many women do you see by themselves? There are a couple women who don't have male partners and who paid for a lesson on how to shoot so they can protect themselves. After the one class they don't really come back, maybe once. There is the woman who is single trying to meet some guy. But very few girls go to the range to shoot and gossip with other girls. So you are the 1 percent and the original comment was not directed at you. Most women ( the 99%) don't care about guns and they don't show any interest between one or another, they don't spend enough time with a gun and they just want simple.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:41 PM   #26

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
My aren't you the male chauvinist? Is there a rock somewhere missing you? Come on man. How can anyone possibly know what "the majority of women want". Your comment was degrading and insensitive.
I think you are looking at this the wrong way, I didn't say men are better than women, that would be a chauvinist comment. All I said is most women don't care, it is an observation.

Old 03-14-2012, 04:06 PM   #27
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
It was a comment based on percentages. When you go to the range (by yourself) and you look up and down the range how many women do you see by themselves? There are a couple women who don't have male partners and who paid for a lesson on how to shoot so they can protect themselves. After the one class they don't really come back, maybe once. There is the woman who is single trying to meet some guy. But very few girls go to the range to shoot and gossip with other girls. So you are the 1 percent and the original comment was not directed at you. Most women ( the 99%) don't care about guns and they don't show any interest between one or another, they don't spend enough time with a gun and they just want simple.
Truly, to be a proficient shooter and to be safe with your gun, one should know how it works inside and out. It isn't enough to be able to shoot a gun without understanding a gun. To own and carry a gun or to even shoot a gun, you are doing yourself a disservice and possibly putting yourself and those around you in danger if you don't know your gun backwards and forwards whether it be revolver or semi-auto. Also, to take a self defense class and to never go back to the range to practice regularly is pretty stupid, too. To be able to place that bullet where it'll count in a high stress situation takes waaaay more than one self defense class. There is nothing "simple" about handling and carrying a gun. It is a huge responsibility not to be taken lightly. Anyone who thinks they can take one class and be proficient in self defense is more likely to have that gun taken away from them in a confrontational situation and possibly have that gun used against them. Not to mention the second or two you have to evaluate a situation and the thought process needed to know what to do (or not do) with that gun in any given situation.

Old 03-14-2012, 05:12 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1273 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

So, get a P238

Old 03-14-2012, 09:27 PM   #29

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Wow, I didn't mean to start a argument, but I did get a lot of good advice. Thank you!

Old 03-15-2012, 03:57 AM   #30
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayssrr View Post
Wow, I didn't mean to start a argument, but I did get a lot of good advice. Thank you!
You didn't start an argument. We prefer to call it a debate.