Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > +p(+) for last round in the mag ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2012, 07:14 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I've never shot a person and hope I never have to, so I can't say your wrong but being a hunter and knowing the massive blood loss a pass through shot gives you I won't say your right either. To kill anything you have to reach the goodies inside. Personally I'm a fan of velocity and if you choose to go slower you can't just assume it won't pass through and whatever is on the other side is safe. I've seen bullets do some wild stuff on thin skinned creatures like ourselves from all sorts of calibers. I've seen deer take off and run 60yds only to find out during field dressing it literally had NO heart and only about half its lungs but the difference is in a sd shooting that same shot would send anyone I know to the ground to ponder their mortality for their last few seconds of life. We understand the finality and consiquenses of what just happened our fourlegged friends aren't capable of understanding that. I don't know how this sounds but if I knew their was a pistol round available that would blow out a fist sized exit hole in a bg , that's what Id be using. Consider this if you were stabbed , do you think your survival would be better if the knife went completely through you? Just my $.02 , but never assume your bullet will not pass through or even do what you expect. There's just to many variables

Old 07-02-2012, 05:49 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1124 Times on 659 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Just a couple of thoughts on this:
1. If you mix ammo, and the SHTF, a grand jury, DA, or even the police may consider that to be either a sign of carelessness in ammo selection, or alternatively a sign of wanting to make sure you kill the other guy by using different kinds of ammo so in case one kind doesn't do him maybe a different configuration will.
2. If the SD ammo is of reasonable quality, it most likely will have been developed specifically for the purpose of self defense. IMHO, it is better to find one type of ammo that you can shoot well and fill your magazine with that.