OWB holster for Kahr P380??
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > OWB holster for Kahr P380??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2013, 03:19 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default OWB holster for Kahr P380??

I have been scouring the local shops, looking on the internet...etc and seem to have found a void when it comes to an OWB holster for the Kahr P380 and could use some help.
Here is what I am looking for in a holster:

It has to be small.
Kydex or similar material, but not mandatory.
High ride on the belt.
Clips instead of loops so I can take it on and off without removing my belt. My job dictates that it comes off and on a lot and removing my belt several times a day gets old quick.

I want to be able to conceal it under a t-shirt, fleece...etc and I already have a Galco IWB holster for another gun that fits the bill OK for IWB. But, since this gun is so small I would prefer to carry OWB.
Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-31-2013, 09:40 PM   #2

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts

why settle for such a feeble gun in a belt rig? pocket guns are for pocket holsters. You can have a much, much more effective gun in a belt rig. like a 25 oz compact .45, or a 20 oz 9mm. Check out the $250, used, keltec PF9 9mm, 13 ozs, smaller than a .38 snub. Twisted Industries makes a .22lr conversion unit for it. the money you save practicing with it quickly pays for the .22 unit, once ammo prices return to normal ( a few months, at most).

Old 05-31-2013, 09:55 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

http://www.sneakypeteholsters.com/kahr-p380-sneaky-pete-holster-belt-clip/

What about a disguised flap holster? I don't own one but plan to.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 06-01-2013, 12:12 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have other larger guns and also carry the p380 in a pocket holster.
I have dress code issues at work that do not allow me to easily conceal a larger gun in warmer weather. That and my pockets are often full of other items needed to do my job so adding a hand gun into the mix can often be problematic as far as how it is carried. Plus khakis and a polo tucked in are pretty much the norm for summer attire. (that is when pocket carry is pretty much my only option)
I completely agree with what you are saying, but I am trying to solve a specific carry issue I have. If not for that I would throw my XD or Glock 26 on my side and life would be good

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttsl View Post
why settle for such a feeble gun in a belt rig? pocket guns are for pocket holsters. You can have a much, much more effective gun in a belt rig. like a 25 oz compact .45, or a 20 oz 9mm. Check out the $250, used, keltec PF9 9mm, 13 ozs, smaller than a .38 snub. Twisted Industries makes a .22lr conversion unit for it. the money you save practicing with it quickly pays for the .22 unit, once ammo prices return to normal ( a few months, at most).

Old 06-01-2013, 12:13 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
http://www.sneakypeteholsters.com/kahr-p380-sneaky-pete-holster-belt-clip/

What about a disguised flap holster? I don't own one but plan to.
Interesting idea. May consider that one. Thanks!

Old 06-01-2013, 04:39 AM   #6

Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by landonk View Post
I have been scouring the local shops, looking on the internet...etc and seem to have found a void when it comes to an OWB holster for the Kahr P380 and could use some help.
Here is what I am looking for in a holster:

It has to be small.
Kydex or similar material, but not mandatory.
High ride on the belt.
Clips instead of loops so I can take it on and off without removing my belt. My job dictates that it comes off and on a lot and removing my belt several times a day gets old quick.

I want to be able to conceal it under a t-shirt, fleece...etc and I already have a Galco IWB holster for another gun that fits the bill OK for IWB. But, since this gun is so small I would prefer to carry OWB.
Thanks
Look at the Fobus paddle holsters. I bought one for my S&W Boodyguard .380 and it's perfect. Adjustable retention and easy off and on, with adequate security. They have some which rotate, some with rubber backing.
The paddle is compact, like the gun. And they are around $30-35.

Never waste time deciding between two guns....buy both of them.

Old 06-01-2013, 09:30 AM   #7
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3104 Times on 1784 Posts
Likes Given: 1320

I bought a Fobus for mine and I have no complaints.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 06-01-2013, 11:10 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2143 Times on 1471 Posts
Likes Given: 796

Quote:
Originally Posted by landonk View Post
I have other larger guns and also carry the p380 in a pocket holster.
I have dress code issues at work that do not allow me to easily conceal a larger gun in warmer weather. That and my pockets are often full of other items needed to do my job so adding a hand gun into the mix can often be problematic as far as how it is carried. Plus khakis and a polo tucked in are pretty much the norm for summer attire. (that is when pocket carry is pretty much my only option)
I completely agree with what you are saying, but I am trying to solve a specific carry issue I have. If not for that I would throw my XD or Glock 26 on my side and life would be good
I have 3 slot pancake holster made by Blackhawk for my P95. It's very comfortable with the larger pistol. Blackhawk makes a 3 slot kydex holster for smaller guns. I see them advertised at amazon for around $20. Blackhawk also makes a leather 3 slot holster for small guns that has a different retention system you might prefer for it's slimmer profile.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine

Last edited by John_Deer; 06-01-2013 at 11:13 AM.

Old 06-01-2013, 12:47 PM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I did look at the Fobus yesterday in the LGS. Was not sure it would fit, but may have to go give it a try now based on what yall are telling me.
Going to give the blackhawks a look too.
Thanks!

Old 06-02-2013, 02:41 AM   #10

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts

wow. Why don't you just admit that you aint really serious about ccw? Cause that's the reality of it. if you are worried about deep concealment, you wont be using an owb rig, ok? if you cant find other places to put the other stuff, (instead of your pocket) you aint trying. That stuff can SHOW, your gun can't, all right? so wear the other stuff in some sort of belt pouch.