Out of state florida carry permit ok in Miami? - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Out of state florida carry permit ok in Miami?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2012, 02:30 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 259 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 367

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

Old 10-25-2012, 02:57 AM   #12

Liked 499 Times on 298 Posts
Likes Given: 229

NYC is a freak of nature where it's gun laws are concerned. When I retired from the NYPD in the 80's I was required to obtain a carry permit where I lived. Then I had to have the city issue a permit as well, which also required a fee. Even retired police officers from other locals were not permitted to carry in the city. After paying for my 2nd renewal the then Gov. Mario Cuomo passed a law that allowed retired police officers in NYS to renew their permits free of charge. That was one thing he did that was right. After that the city dropped the requirement that I get a permit there as well. Guess since I wouldn't pay a fee it would cost them money to issue it. This proves it all goes back to money. Now all retired PO's can carry in the city.

I've had a Fla carry for over 5 years and just renewed for 7. As retired LE we can qualify each year in order to carry in all states for a fee under fed law HR218. Since I only travel to a state that accepts the Fla lic. I see no reason to bother qualifying each year. People must be careful with the Fla carry as well, cause certain states recognize only Fla residents and not the non resident permit.

Old 10-25-2012, 03:30 AM   #13

Liked 106 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt
It might - you should be able to find Florida gun laws online which should include laws peculiar to individual cities.

If you're traveling with a New York permit (just a wag based on "TheNYResistance"), I guarantee you it is no good in any other state. New York has no reciprocity with any other state.
Indiana and a couple other states recognize all other states alid permits.

As to the ops question, its a Florida issued permit so yes, unless miami has its own weird laws like nyc. Best to check ahead of time with the issuing authority of the permit in question.

Last edited by phildenton; 10-25-2012 at 06:19 AM.