Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Out of state florida carry permit ok in Miami? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/out-state-florida-carry-permit-ok-miami-74818/)

TheNYResistance 10-22-2012 03:44 AM

Out of state florida carry permit ok in Miami?

Does Miami have its own laws a la NYC vs. NYS carry laws?

bkt 10-22-2012 08:51 AM

It might - you should be able to find Florida gun laws online which should include laws peculiar to individual cities.

If you're traveling with a New York permit (just a wag based on "TheNYResistance"), I guarantee you it is no good in any other state. New York has no reciprocity with any other state.

25-5 10-22-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNYResistance

FL requires CCW from your home state. Say your from IL and have a CCW from TN. It's NFG. About NY don't know. You can carry in your car glove box w/o a CCW in FL as well as many other states. The NRA store has a booklet with info. on all states re: reciprocity. I will post title later.

GaryGlock 10-22-2012 10:23 PM

Just make sure Fl accepts your cwp from your state an your fine. I'f we don't you can carry it in a center console or glove box anyway.

gladesbassin 10-22-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Miami has no extra laws like NYC, actually I would suggest bringing it with you. What state are you from? Reciprocity laws do have to be accounted for.

TheNYResistance 10-22-2012 10:42 PM

Just to be clear to everyone, I have a concealed carry permit from Florida already, and I know I'm ok there. I just needed to know if Miami had seperate laws.

While new york's permit alone is not valid in many states, Florida does give permits to New Yorkers, and you don't need a permit in your home state just proof of a firearms safety class or hunting cert class which at the time that was all I had, now I have my NYS permit as well.

gladesbassin 10-22-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Just to be clear to everyone, I have a concealed carry permit from Florida already, and I know I'm ok there. I just needed to know if Miami had seperate laws.

While new york's permit alone is not valid in many states, Florida does give permits to New Yorkers, and you don't need a permit in your home state just proof of a firearms safety class or hunting cert class which at the time that was all I had, now I have my NYS permit as well.

Yea then ur fine, Miami has the same laws as the whole state.

Gh0zt36 10-24-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gladesbassin (Post 986017)
Yea then ur fine, Miami has the same laws as the whole state.

Do any cities or local munipalities laws differ from the state that you know of ?

gladesbassin 10-24-2012 09:10 PM

Not that I know of. I believe Florida law is the whole state and none of the cities are exempt from it. From what I've read there are no counties or cities that have different laws pertaining to concealed carry permitees.

Chainfire 10-24-2012 11:57 PM

Florida's state laws do not allow local authorites to make separate laws dealing with guns. State law is the law. All you have to do is determine if Florida accepts your states carry permit. Florida firearms laws are available on-line.