ordered a crossbreed holster - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

ordered a crossbreed holster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2012, 01:09 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1464 Times on 819 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

u
Quote:
Originally Posted by treehugger49 View Post
The "upside-down-shake" test is not relevant for an IWB holster in my opinion, since retention is considerably enhanced once the holster is worn around the waist, hopefully with a good gun belt tightened appropriately.
Never had to pinch a bama while packin'?

Drop your $1K piece on the restroom floor when you drop trou just once and tell me how relevant retention is!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 03-04-2012, 04:31 AM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

It took me about a month to get my holster from crossbreed and I live in the next town over from where they make them.

I love it. The retention is great and can be sent back to the to be adjusted as needed or they send instructions for you to do it yourself but it's seems like a process I didn't want to do. But I would wait until it wears in before you decide if the retention needs to be adjusted. Mine loosened uped to where it was perfect for my Glock 23.

Crossbreed also has a lifetime warranty and the owner of the company is a great guy.

Old 03-04-2012, 04:38 AM   #13

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I have a Crossbreed Supertuck that I carry my Kimber Ultra Carry in and I absolutely LOVE it! It is extremely comfortable and has many adjustments to help you get it to set exactly where you want it. I paid $68 bucks for mine in a LGS. You won't be disappointed though!
"... I simply cannot stand by and watch a right guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States come under attack from those who either can't understand it, don't like the sound of it, or find themselves too philosophically squeamish to see why it remains the first among equals: Because it is the right we turn to when all else fails. That's why the Second Amendment is America's first freedom. ..."
Charlton Heston
Speech to National Press club
September, 1997

Old 03-04-2012, 11:13 AM   #14

Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
u

Never had to pinch a bama while packin'?

Drop your $1K piece on the restroom floor when you drop trou just once and tell me how relevant retention is!
Now that's gonna stir up some comments, for sure....

Ha! Without getting into too much detail, all I'll say is that it's all about technique!

Last edited by treehugger49; 03-04-2012 at 11:15 AM.

Old 03-04-2012, 05:21 PM   #15

Liked 364 Times on 289 Posts
Likes Given: 42

I had a cross breed super tuck . To stiff for me. Give to a buddy and bought a comp-tac. he also bought a comp-tac. More flexable and offers the ablity to change holsters for a different brand pistol, also has tension adjustment with more design options.

Old 03-04-2012, 07:32 PM   #16

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I've never had a crossbreed, but from what I hear they're nice. However, everything I read when I was looking for an IWB pointed towards a Comp-Tac and I love it. Since you have a supertuck on order I would try comp-tac or tommy theis next, that way you can compare the two and not wear out one particular holster if you carry a lot. I'm sure they're all fine once they get broken in.

Old 03-04-2012, 07:38 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 88 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Hey cane, you know you can play with the retension on the crossbreed right? If you aren't comfortable doing it yourself you can send it back to them and they will do it for you. You can also just send it back if you aren't happy with it.

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 03-06-2012, 01:19 AM   #18

I got my holster today and I love it I just got to very it adjusted. I also ordered a belt from then also. Thanks everyone.

Old 03-06-2012, 02:00 AM   #19

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock27SC
I got my holster today and I love it I just got to very it adjusted. I also ordered a belt from then also. Thanks everyone.
You'll love it trust me

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy