Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   ordered a crossbreed holster (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/ordered-crossbreed-holster-59237/)

Glock27SC 03-02-2012 09:27 AM

ordered a crossbreed holster
 
I been waiting for like three Weeks on my holster do it usually take this long I heard it was the best money can but any complaints.

g17frantz 03-02-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glock27SC
I been waiting for like three Weeks on my holster do it usually take this long I heard it was the best money can but any complaints.

Lead time on crossbreeds are about 6 wks. Carried a Glock 17 in one for over a year and broke in nice. Its a holster you can wear all day w/o any complaints. I always recommend a crossbreed for a polymer frame semi-auto

silverado113 03-02-2012 12:12 PM

Crossbreed is what I have for my EDC and I like it a lot. Sometimes I forget I have a pistol.

Brennan16 03-02-2012 12:31 PM

I have one for my Taurus Millennium and my XD40. They are so comfortable that you'll almost forget you are packing. I've had the one for my Taurus about 14 months and it's broken in nicely. The one for my XD isn't broken in yet since I don't use it as much but I've only had it a couple of months yet but it's still very nice and comfy.

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

colmustard 03-02-2012 03:18 PM

I love mine! You will be happy you got it and it will be worth the wait. Dont worry it will come.

canebrake 03-02-2012 03:36 PM

Before you cash out on the Xbreed Supertuck take a look at Tommy Theis' offerings. These holsters are far better in the fit and finish department.

Theisholsters.com | Products | Custom IWB Holsters

His prices are better and include shipping.

No matter what holster you get, be sure to order it with the Kydex Clips. I prefer the J-Clips, they hide better. The metal clips will ruin a good carry belt.

I have both. My Xbreed Super Tuck was not securely holding my BHP (failed the up-side-down shake test) and to save $ I got it in cowhide. I need horsehide here in south Florida. The Xbreed came with the standard metal clips which was ruining my carry belt. (belt cost more than holster!) My Xbreed cost me $69.75 + $8.95 shipping = $78.70

I started to look for an alternitive. Goju suggested Tommy Theis holsters and the rest, as they say, is history.

The Theis holster I ordered is horsehide with Kydex jclips and was $65 including shipping! It is belt friendly, just as comfortable as the Xbreed and passes the up-side-down shake test!

A Supertuck in horsehide and Kydex jclips is $94.75 + $8.95 shipping = $103.70

IMHO, it was a no-brainer. ;)

treehugger49 03-03-2012 01:09 PM

The "upside-down-shake" test is not relevant for an IWB holster in my opinion, since retention is considerably enhanced once the holster is worn around the waist, hopefully with a good gun belt tightened appropriately.

I've worn a SuperTuck Deluxe for a number of years, with very acceptable results. As canebrake points out, the horsehide backing is an option worth considering in humid climates or for people who tend to perspire a lot.

CrossBreed transitioned from the kydex belt clips to metal ones due to complaints of the breakage of the kydex clips. I've use both and the metal ones definitely have a longer life span, and to combat the tendency of the metal to scar up my gunbelt's finish, I installed some sticky-backed felt inside the clip and have experienced no problem since.

CrossBreed does offer a 10% discount to law enforcement, military, and to NRA members. See the FAQs on their website.

Their holsters carry a lifetime warranty against failure under "normal use" conditions, too.

MrWray 03-03-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake
Before you cash out on the Xbreed Supertuck take a look at Tommy Theis' offerings. These holsters are far better in the fit and finish department.

Theisholsters.com | Products | Custom IWB Holsters

His prices are better and include shipping.

No matter what holster you get, be sure to order it with the Kydex Clips. I prefer the J-Clips, they hide better. The metal clips will ruin a good carry belt.

I have both. My Xbreed Super Tuck was not securely holding my BHP (failed the up-side-down shake test) and to save $ I got it in cowhide. I need horsehide here in south Florida. The Xbreed came with the standard metal clips which was ruining my carry belt. (belt cost more than holster!) My Xbreed cost me $69.75 + $8.95 shipping = $78.70

I started to look for an alternitive. Goju suggested Tommy Theis holsters and the rest, as they say, is history.

The Theis holster I ordered is horsehide with Kydex jclips and was $65 including shipping! It is belt friendly, just as comfortable as the Xbreed and passes the up-side-down shake test!

A Supertuck in horsehide and Kydex jclips is $94.75 + $8.95 shipping = $103.70

IMHO, it was a no-brainer. ;)

Cane, so the horsehide is better than the cowhide? I will be ordering a tommy theis shortly myself.

canebrake 03-03-2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrWray (Post 727559)
Cane, so the horsehide is better than the cowhide? I will be ordering a tommy theis shortly myself.

You will love it! I'm wearing mine right now and can wear it all day without issue. (That's with an all steel BHP w/16 rds.)

My xgreed is cowhide and it can really soak up the S Florida humidity when the readings are in the 92/95% level. And it can take days to dry out even in the A/C.

My Tommy Theis is Horsehide and I can say there is a ton of difference! BUT....with no downside, it's as comfortable as the xgreed.

As for Horsehide vs Cowhide;

Best answers yet:

Cowhide or Horsehide?

Mr ED vs Clara Bell

Milt Sparks Question #6

Glockpotion23 03-03-2012 08:14 PM

You beat me to the punch
 
I was going to suggest TommyTheis as well. Best bang for the buck plus you wouldnt have to wait a month to get it. I think i got mine within a week! Im sticking to Tommy for my holster needs:D


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:00 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.