Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Options for small guy (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/options-small-guy-86622/)

mikemc 03-15-2013 05:24 PM

Options for small guy

I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm looking for options (holster, clothing, location) for carrying that work well for a small guy. We're looking at 5'5" and a buck thirty five here - not a big fella, for sure.

Anything that works for you out there, or anyone you know - even what works for women - but I ain't wearin no bra holster;)

Thanks gang.

danf_fl 03-15-2013 05:48 PM

Mike, the best thing to do is try as many combinations as possible.
Just like you have different shoes for different occasions, so should you have different SD setups.

HOSSFLY 03-15-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemc (Post 1177093)
I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm looking for options (holster, clothing, location) for carrying that work well for a small guy. We're looking at 5'5" and a buck thirty five here - not a big fella, for sure.

Anything that works for you out there, or anyone you know - even what works for women - but I ain't wearin no bra holster;)

Thanks gang.

Well, This is where i offer up for concideration the Ruger SR9C-
My wife is 5'1" & 110lbs & loves hers-
BTW, I bet you'd look cute in a bra holster :p :p

freetobefree 03-15-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemc (Post 1177093)

Thanks gang.

Lmao if a man wears a bra isn't it a bro... so you could say you should try the bro-ster... start a fad mike

hardluk1 03-16-2013 12:07 AM

With a basic old faithfull holster kit and any of the sub compact single stack can be hide , cm9, nano, shield, pf-9, bd9. Even the smallest double stacks from KT and sccy and the airweight revolvers can hide well with a smaller grips. My son-in-law wears a KT P-11 in a old faithfull and he's taller at 5-9 but skinny at 140lb. He said he could not wear a wider holsters and used a small leather hoster. I bought him a Old Faithfull kit and hes pleases as heck now. He is a t-shirt wear'n ele/ plumber and tucks in his shirts. If recoil is an issue a bersa 380 CC will do . My 100lb youngest girl cc's one of those. nice little pistol.

bigbomar4 03-17-2013 04:35 AM

I am 5' 11" and just got back up to 125lbs I was down to 105lbs bc of some health issues. I currently carry either a CZ P-07 in a cross breed super tuck or a Sig P938 in a Tommy Theis holster ( they are a hybrid holster like the cross breed but I think they are made better). I have even carried a full size CZ 85 in the Theis holster with no problems. Even when I only wieghed 105 none of these guns were hard to conseal. With a good holster and a good gun belt you can conseal a cannon on your hip. As for the belt I recomend the Liger belt from Edgy Gear. Its stiffer than most heavy leather gun belts but still looks like a normal belt.

1911love 03-17-2013 05:24 AM

Check out the Springfield XDs and a quality IWB holster from Milt Sparks.

BeyondTheBox 03-18-2013 04:54 AM

Front pocket with Remora or DeSantis.

gfroniewski 03-26-2013 03:32 PM

I am 5'5" 140 lbs. I have a Remora for my P250 Subcompact and an Old Faithful kit for my P250 Compact. Works well for me!