Opinions of Kahr PM 9 as a pocket gun
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Opinions of Kahr PM 9 as a pocket gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2009, 12:16 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Opinions of Kahr PM 9 as a pocket gun

I seem to never carry any of my pistols (Springfield XD45, Ruger 9mm compact, S&W GP100) as they are too inconvenient - specially in the summer. SO they are kept in my cars and/or under mattress. I would love to have a gun that I can toss in my pocket. I was leaning toward the Ruger LCP but too many folks are 'dissing' it for wimpy caliber. What are your thoughts on the PM9?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-04-2009, 10:19 PM   #2

Default Kahr carryer

I have a Kahr CW9 that I carry if my clothes won't permit my .45. The Kahrs are slim and light enough for pocket carry with the right pants, or an IWB. and are easy to carry. As for the whimpy caliber, I use 147 gr Hydroshocks that pack a big punch.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:01 AM   #3

just bought a K9 this afternoon- they had a pm40,and a pm45 also. I have enough polymers, I really liked the all-metal Kahr better. too bad it cost more.

The future isn't what it used to be.
----Yogi Berra

Old 02-06-2009, 08:59 PM   #4

Default PM9 yes!

First let me state that I am a novice but be that as it may, I did tons of research before purchasing my first firearm, which turned out to be a PM9. I knew that if I purchased a firearm that was too cumbersome to carry, it would stay at home. I've spoken with too many firearm owners who had the intent of carrying but wound up buying a gun that was too big. The result was that they carried for a month or two and then got tired of it and stopped carrying.

Given that, I like the PM9. First of all, it is very light -- I think 16oz. empty. It's comfortable to fire for a gun this size. At a height of 6'2", my hands are of considerable size. My pinky finger does run "free" since the grip is relatively short but the extended mag that comes with it will help there if you feel like you need it.

Even as a novice, I am very happy with the accuracy of this firearm.

As I spent hours on various forums trying to make a decision on my first firearm, I found that for many, either they love Kahrs or they hate them. That's just the feeling I get. It seemed to me that there were concerns regarding reliability. Owners either had no problems and others had lots of problems. As for me, I had a few FTF's in the frist 100 rounds but in the next 500 rounds had no issues. As for reliability, I figured if there were issues, well, that is what the manufacturer is for, to correct any potential problems which can essentially occur with any firearm in the break-in period.

The firearm isn't cheap. I believe I paid around $600 for it which I believe is a relatively good price for this firearm. And I know one can get other firearms at a lesser cost, but the bottom line is does it fit your needs. I was willing to pay the extra money for it because I knew that the likelihood of me carrying the Kahr PM9 is much higher than say a Glock 26. Don't get me wrong. Glock is a great firearm. Very reliable but for me a little too big to carry comfortably consistently. The PM9 will fit in my front pocket even with jeans on but I would be a bit concerned about printing unless I had the right holster. I carry using an IWB holster.

Below is a link to a video I watched regarding the PM9. It may help.

Kahr PM9 - Google Video

Good luck.

Old 02-17-2009, 03:01 AM   #5

Default Pm9

I agree . I bought as soon as I could get my CCWP my first gun was the ruger gp100 I bought to carry . I was young and foolish that thing is to heavy and bulky.. so a few months later I buy a new Ruger P85 too carry... well again I'm an idiot and it proved to be too much to carry and both the guns only came out to go to the range .. Finally I smartened up and looked into compacts I heard a lot of good things about the new keltec P3TA so I bought one and I got the ultimate lemon lots of work and complaining to keltec so I ended up selling it.

On a recommendation from a local store I tried a new Kahr PM9 stainless with the clip extension and I was sold quickly what a perfect firearm for me. I have smaller hands so finding soething that fit comfortable was tough I would highly recommend buying a PM9 to anyone wanting a smaller CW. I paid $475.00 for mine in Connecticut which later I found out that the guy telling me he would give me a deal was an understatement. I couldn't find one for under $575.00 at the time. to bad this guy isn't around anymore he knew how to treat his customers !

Old 02-17-2009, 03:28 PM   #6

Excellent choice! There are two kinds of carry guns, pocket guns and holster guns. If it's a holster gun, you might as well go bigger, but if it's a pocket gun with all the benefits of compactness, you can't do any better. It's my personal pocket gun, and though I have a holster, I prefer to just put it in my pocket, in a pocket holster of course. In the holster, it doesn't print and is lightweight.

It's not only small, it's extremely and surprisingly accurate. A high quality pistol, the best carry pistol I've ever owned. The inside of the PM 9 is as well finished as the outside; no tool marks at all.

I used to carry a 642, but this one is far better.

Old 02-17-2009, 06:20 PM   #7

Default New manufactuer great compact 9mm

SCCY Industries

Check out this new pistol manufacture. Several law enforcment officers here in New Mexico are carrying these babies. I went out with fellow retired officer with one of these and was duly impressed.

As a big guy I carry a Glock 36 pretty easily summer or winter. I use a body band holster system. Its flat and I am not so lose clothing conceals it very well.

npbwbass

Just because you don't believe in something is not going to stop it from happening.