Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Opinion on IL lack of a CCW

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2010, 02:24 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Opinion on IL lack of a CCW

I would like to hear your opinions on Illinois lack of a CCW law.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-25-2010, 02:25 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

There are plenty of houses available for sale in MS.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 02-25-2010, 02:29 PM   #3

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt93 View Post
I would like to hear your opinions on Illinois lack of a CCW law.

It's Illinois. While I'm sure that folks outside of Chicago are "normal", I expect Chicago will rule Illinois much like LA and SF rule California. (And Atlanta tries to rule GA)...

Old 02-25-2010, 03:03 PM   #4

The Police Chiefs and Sheriff's have begun to swing toward passing a CCW it seems but as usual, the politicians are holding up the process. I believe it should be passed. Guns are on the streets illegally period. The gun crimes are on the rise and Chicago was a leader of murders last year with well over 400. An Armed citizen will make a thug think twice.

"Lead me, follow me or get out of my way" -George S. Patton

Old 02-25-2010, 03:10 PM   #5

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Nobody here will argue with you that an armed society isn't a good thing. Sadly, the liberals rule the big cities completely and the big cities tend to rule the states. Atlanta is at least as liberal and anti as Chicago; however, it hasn't managed to control the entire state - yet...

Old 02-25-2010, 03:16 PM   #6

It is good to see the Chiefs and Sheriff's Association supporting CCW. Only time will tell but it seems to be moving in the right direction....SLOWLY lol

Old 02-25-2010, 03:32 PM   #7
cbw

Being a former captive of the great state of Illinois, and moving to AZ it's like a new country. No waiting, just try and buy I love it. Chicago does run the state and although there are plenty of guns there the sheep are not allowed to legally carry them. Glad to be out of there. With the CCW permit I now carry all the time and it is a right I do believe that was intended for alll to have.

[The odds are always 50/50

Old 02-25-2010, 03:43 PM   #8

There is no doubt Chicago is running the State while being corrupted as can be.

Old 02-25-2010, 05:30 PM   #9

Liked 41 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
It's Illinois. While I'm sure that folks outside of Chicago are "normal", I expect Chicago will rule Illinois much like LA and SF rule California. (And Atlanta tries to rule GA)...
Just about every state has its' Chicago, San Francisco, or whatever. I learned many years ago before I ever thought of owning handguns the there were towns that had voting rule that affected the whole state, here in Oregon it's a corridor of liberal voting block from Eugene to Portland. The majority of the state is rural and has the least population, it's farmers, ranchers, loggers, mill workers, fishermen and the like, most of these people are supporters of gun ownership even if they don't own any (which is highly unlikely from my experience because even little old ladies around here have weapons of some sort). The sad thing about those voting blocks is that that is where most all of the state taxes get funneled. When I lived in Washington it was Seattle, Tacoma and Olympia and when I lived in Colorado it was Denver and the I-25 corridor North. It always seemed that the rural areas where most of the believers of the Constitution and Bill of Rights lived always got the short end of the stick and the cities that had all the entitlement people who loved free anything continued to get things by voting in politicions that didn't give a sh*t about a free and armed people. Sorry for the rant but that seems to be what's going on and I for one hate it.

Old 02-25-2010, 10:25 PM   #10

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Just a Joe Schmuckatelli input here, but the DC gun ban was overturned, and somewhere in the decades of litigation there is a precedent which should be the Gold Standard in support of the 2nd Amendment. I just don't know what it is. I wish I was in college.

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."