Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Opinion on IL lack of a CCW (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/opinion-il-lack-ccw-23834/)

Sgt93 02-25-2010 02:24 PM

Opinion on IL lack of a CCW

I would like to hear your opinions on Illinois lack of a CCW law.

orangello 02-25-2010 02:25 PM

There are plenty of houses available for sale in MS.
:D

NGIB 02-25-2010 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgt93 (Post 236393)
I would like to hear your opinions on Illinois lack of a CCW law.

It's Illinois. While I'm sure that folks outside of Chicago are "normal", I expect Chicago will rule Illinois much like LA and SF rule California. (And Atlanta tries to rule GA)...

Sgt93 02-25-2010 03:03 PM

The Police Chiefs and Sheriff's have begun to swing toward passing a CCW it seems but as usual, the politicians are holding up the process. I believe it should be passed. Guns are on the streets illegally period. The gun crimes are on the rise and Chicago was a leader of murders last year with well over 400. An Armed citizen will make a thug think twice.

NGIB 02-25-2010 03:10 PM

Nobody here will argue with you that an armed society isn't a good thing. Sadly, the liberals rule the big cities completely and the big cities tend to rule the states. Atlanta is at least as liberal and anti as Chicago; however, it hasn't managed to control the entire state - yet...

Sgt93 02-25-2010 03:16 PM

It is good to see the Chiefs and Sheriff's Association supporting CCW. Only time will tell but it seems to be moving in the right direction....SLOWLY lol

cbw 02-25-2010 03:32 PM

Being a former captive of the great state of Illinois, and moving to AZ it's like a new country. No waiting, just try and buy I love it. Chicago does run the state and although there are plenty of guns there the sheep are not allowed to legally carry them. Glad to be out of there. With the CCW permit I now carry all the time and it is a right I do believe that was intended for alll to have.

Sgt93 02-25-2010 03:43 PM

There is no doubt Chicago is running the State while being corrupted as can be.

Viking 02-25-2010 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NGIB (Post 236396)
It's Illinois. While I'm sure that folks outside of Chicago are "normal", I expect Chicago will rule Illinois much like LA and SF rule California. (And Atlanta tries to rule GA)...

Just about every state has its' Chicago, San Francisco, or whatever. I learned many years ago before I ever thought of owning handguns the there were towns that had voting rule that affected the whole state, here in Oregon it's a corridor of liberal voting block from Eugene to Portland. The majority of the state is rural and has the least population, it's farmers, ranchers, loggers, mill workers, fishermen and the like, most of these people are supporters of gun ownership even if they don't own any (which is highly unlikely from my experience because even little old ladies around here have weapons of some sort). The sad thing about those voting blocks is that that is where most all of the state taxes get funneled. When I lived in Washington it was Seattle, Tacoma and Olympia and when I lived in Colorado it was Denver and the I-25 corridor North. It always seemed that the rural areas where most of the believers of the Constitution and Bill of Rights lived always got the short end of the stick and the cities that had all the entitlement people who loved free anything continued to get things by voting in politicions that didn't give a sh*t about a free and armed people. Sorry for the rant but that seems to be what's going on and I for one hate it.

gorknoids 02-25-2010 10:25 PM

Just a Joe Schmuckatelli input here, but the DC gun ban was overturned, and somewhere in the decades of litigation there is a precedent which should be the Gold Standard in support of the 2nd Amendment. I just don't know what it is. I wish I was in college.