Opinion appreciated
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Opinion appreciated

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2011, 10:44 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Opinion appreciated

Hey guys first post but I've been reading around for alittle while now. I did a search and there was a similar thread but I had a more direct question. I did carry a p229 and it was Kahr PM9 and to illustrate how small my hands are, that actually fits pretty good.(well as good as it possibly can) So my question is I'm looking for something with alittle more capacity but not getting too big. I was thinking about a Glock 26/7 platform or a M&P compact. I was just seeing what your opinion is for someone with small hands or any other ideas.

ps. I did have a H&K p2000sk in 9mm that I paid top dollar for new, that was sadly stolen in a robbery So not really looking for that route again. I didn't even get a chance to shoot it either.

pps. sorry this is so long. and Thank you in advance.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-12-2011, 10:53 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Have you held one of the Beretta storm subcompacts? I haven't gotten to handle one yet, but they look just tiny. Px4 Storm Subcompact Type F 13 rounds of 9mm. Unlike the larger mitted models, this itty bitty doesn't have that rotating bolt design.

I saw one for sale in the classifieds on TFL for like $450, lightly used.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 04-13-2011, 02:18 AM   #3
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Swing by the introduction thread and tell us a bit about yourself. The best advice is to get hands on with as many firearms as possible to see what fits your hand the best. I like the S&W M&P for several reasons, one of them being you can change the back strap to better fit your hand, you can't do that with a G26 or 27.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 04-13-2011, 02:29 AM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default relatively small but.....

I carry a taurus pt709 slim. 9 mm in a compact, not sub compact. have put 4-500 rounds through it without a glitch. sits on my hip outside waistband with a hi-ride holster and conceals nicely. shoots good too.

jeff

Last edited by jeffxc; 04-13-2011 at 08:40 PM.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:38 PM   #5

Liked 2512 Times on 1433 Posts
Likes Given: 1958

If you wear baggier clothing, you can carry a Beretta 92...