Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > opening a gun shop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2011, 09:22 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 33 Times on 25 Posts

Default opening a gun shop

I need info on what all I need as far as licenses and etc. To open up my own gunshop with indoor shooting range and everything I wanna b able to sell full auto weapons and etc.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-26-2011, 09:39 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6111 Times on 3703 Posts
Likes Given: 6916

Best advice I could give you is check into the laws and regulations of where you live. Consult a lawyer who is well versed in the business of guns.

Old 11-26-2011, 10:40 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 176 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 11

And don't forget the best way to become a millionaire in the
gunshop business:

Start with two million.

Old 11-26-2011, 10:44 PM   #4

Liked 22 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Open one in NW OHIO!!!! Toledo has only one private owned shop on the west side. The other choices are Gander Mtn and Bass Pro. Definately a need here

Old 11-26-2011, 11:05 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 16823 Times on 9748 Posts
Likes Given: 43881

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter88 View Post
I need info on what all I need as far as licenses and etc. To open up my own gunshop with indoor shooting range and everything I wanna b able to sell full auto weapons and etc.
check with the BATF, find yourself a lawyer who can advise you and have lots of money to put into it. also if you can even possess fully automatic weapons where you live, your clientele for buying them will be very limited, as you can only sellthem or transfer them to someone with a license.

Old 11-27-2011, 12:26 AM   #6

Well hairtrigger that would b kinda hard considering the fact I live it tx lol... to u other guys I've considered all this I just have to come up with the money... I really need to see if one of my buddy's wants to go in business together the shop would proly b in conroe or Houston more than likely

Old 11-27-2011, 12:26 AM   #7

I don't know exactly what all licenses I need and exactly how to get them what they cost etc...anyone from tx?

Old 11-27-2011, 12:33 AM   #8

Liked 47 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter88 View Post
Well hairtrigger that would b kinda hard considering the fact I live it tx lol... to u other guys I've considered all this I just have to come up with the money... I really need to see if one of my buddy's wants to go in business together the shop would proly b in conroe or Houston more than likely
I think your first step would be to figure out if you have the money to start a business. Then, you need a business plan.

Do you have either one of those?

Old 11-27-2011, 12:39 AM   #9

Not yet this is a decision I just made lol but I'm serious I've considered it for a while I've just gotta talk to my loan officer lol

Old 11-27-2011, 12:43 AM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4464 Times on 2355 Posts
Likes Given: 255

you need at LEAST 6 months of operating costs in a bank account before the doors even open. thats costs AFTER you have stocked your store. 85% of all business fail in the first year due simply to the lack of operating expense money, this includes payroll, rent, tax, advertising, utilities, insurance etc.

ideally you want a year of operating expense money most businesses dont make any profit in the first year. one year of expense money typically allows 2 years of operating at a slight loss until you get the hang of it and name recognition occurs.

the area that is almost always underfunded is advertising. if no one knows your business exists how are you going to make money.

just my 2 primers worth.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...