Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   opening a gun shop (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/opening-gun-shop-52476/)

shooter88 11-26-2011 09:22 PM

opening a gun shop

I need info on what all I need as far as licenses and etc. To open up my own gunshop with indoor shooting range and everything I wanna b able to sell full auto weapons and etc.

winds-of-change 11-26-2011 09:39 PM

Best advice I could give you is check into the laws and regulations of where you live. Consult a lawyer who is well versed in the business of guns.

BillM 11-26-2011 10:40 PM

And don't forget the best way to become a millionaire in the
gunshop business:

Start with two million.

Hairtrigger 11-26-2011 10:44 PM

Open one in NW OHIO!!!! Toledo has only one private owned shop on the west side. The other choices are Gander Mtn and Bass Pro. Definately a need here

Axxe55 11-26-2011 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shooter88 (Post 636407)
I need info on what all I need as far as licenses and etc. To open up my own gunshop with indoor shooting range and everything I wanna b able to sell full auto weapons and etc.

check with the BATF, find yourself a lawyer who can advise you and have lots of money to put into it. also if you can even possess fully automatic weapons where you live, your clientele for buying them will be very limited, as you can only sellthem or transfer them to someone with a license.

shooter88 11-27-2011 12:26 AM

Well hairtrigger that would b kinda hard considering the fact I live it tx lol... to u other guys I've considered all this I just have to come up with the money... I really need to see if one of my buddy's wants to go in business together the shop would proly b in conroe or Houston more than likely

shooter88 11-27-2011 12:26 AM

I don't know exactly what all licenses I need and exactly how to get them what they cost etc...anyone from tx?

lonyaeger 11-27-2011 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shooter88 (Post 636522)
Well hairtrigger that would b kinda hard considering the fact I live it tx lol... to u other guys I've considered all this I just have to come up with the money... I really need to see if one of my buddy's wants to go in business together the shop would proly b in conroe or Houston more than likely

I think your first step would be to figure out if you have the money to start a business. Then, you need a business plan.

Do you have either one of those?

shooter88 11-27-2011 12:39 AM

Not yet this is a decision I just made lol but I'm serious I've considered it for a while I've just gotta talk to my loan officer lol

JonM 11-27-2011 12:43 AM

you need at LEAST 6 months of operating costs in a bank account before the doors even open. thats costs AFTER you have stocked your store. 85% of all business fail in the first year due simply to the lack of operating expense money, this includes payroll, rent, tax, advertising, utilities, insurance etc.

ideally you want a year of operating expense money most businesses dont make any profit in the first year. one year of expense money typically allows 2 years of operating at a slight loss until you get the hang of it and name recognition occurs.

the area that is almost always underfunded is advertising. if no one knows your business exists how are you going to make money.

just my 2 primers worth.