Open vs. Concealed carry - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Open vs. Concealed carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2013, 12:12 AM   #51
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1040 Times on 627 Posts
Likes Given: 227

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
Hey, folks. How about a little courtesy for some of the newer members? To those of you that have been here for some time this might be a dead horse subject, but check the join date of the OP.
There's a line between being patient and tolerant, and watching the same debate run on for pages and pages, which falls from opinions, to I have more experience than your opinion, to personal insults.

This topic is very polarizing, with good points made on both sides. I've actually switched sides based on many of the points made here and a state specific forum.

Anecdotal evidence is tough to argue, many of the OC v CC arguments are at best anecdotal, and usually just opinion.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:22 AM   #52
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
There's a line between being patient and tolerant, and watching the same debate run on for pages and pages, which falls from opinions, to I have more experience than your opinion, to personal insults.
I agree, but that doesn't mean we have to get nasty or insulting about it. If the thread is overloading your tolerance, just skip it. It's easier to just turn a blind eye to it than it is to dig up more pictures of people beating dead horses. It's also more likely to get the thread to rotate out into oblivion if you just don't post when the thread bothers you.

I've read some stuff that has changed my opinion on some things, but it will never change my method of carry. I have my reasons for wanting to stay concealed, and some of those reasons are very personal. I have become more understanding of the OC side of things, but unless my state says OC or don't carry, I will always carry concealed.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:37 AM   #53
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

censored.........................

Old 10-02-2013, 03:58 PM   #54
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
It's easier to just turn a blind eye to it than it is to dig up more pictures of people beating dead horses.
But it's pretty easy to find those pics.

Old 10-02-2013, 04:41 PM   #55
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2077 Times on 1228 Posts
Likes Given: 1021

I just support the RIGHT to carry!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

People Like This 
Old 10-05-2013, 02:59 PM   #56

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I like the right to open carry i have in pa may not do it but i like it did you see video of man in fla accidently expose firearm and get arrested wont happen here

Old 10-05-2013, 04:56 PM   #57

Liked 81 Times on 56 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltaf View Post

yes extremely violent and calculated criminals will target someone with a gun. But you're much more likely to deal with normal street thugs who are picking likely targets and relying on hitting them hard and fast to get away.

I have worked in bonding and observed the charges for literally thousands of criminals. I had to explain what happened in the charges of hundreds of murderers and thousands of violent criminals to their immediate family members. I can only remember a total of 6 that were calculated enough in their mo to have staked out the place and been prepared to kill someone else who was armed before accomplishing their main goal. And one of those was a bank robbery.

Only once did i ever see a criminal who attacked and disarmed an open carrier who was not a cop or armed security.

But since it did happen, i recommend the level iii holsters and weapons retention training to all ocers. Nothing makes you feel like more of a b**** than being robbed and pistol whipped with your own gun.
++100%++...

Old 10-08-2013, 09:24 AM   #58

Liked 109 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 219

both have a time and place. both have pros/cons, this is one of those personal choices much like what the best firearm is for you. me i oc & cc, just depends on the circumstances.

Old 10-08-2013, 09:46 AM   #59

Liked 114 Times on 84 Posts
Likes Given: 143

Thought I had nothing for this thread but was wrong. In some states like AR where I live if you carry while hunting and it's open, it's hunting gear and treated accordingly. If ya wanna carry that 38 snub just in case, it has to be hid and not brought out for any hunting purpose. Have no clue how the new Constitutional Carry law here will change that.

Old 10-08-2013, 02:16 PM   #60

Liked 81 Times on 56 Posts

In VA you can only carry a pistol while hunting if you have a CC permit( on you.) Open or concealed.