Open vs. Concealed carry - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

Open vs. Concealed carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2013, 08:53 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 243 Times on 182 Posts

Here's another....
image-3589037400.jpg  
People Like This 
Old 10-01-2013, 08:54 AM   #32

Liked 243 Times on 182 Posts

Duplicate post

Old 10-01-2013, 10:12 AM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1769 Times on 990 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Hey, folks. How about a little courtesy for some of the newer members? To those of you that have been here for some time this might be a dead horse subject, but check the join date of the OP. He's been here since the end of last month. We have over 50 thousand members, over 88 thousand threads, and more than 1.3 million posts on this forum. Somewhere along the line we are going to duplicate something. If a thread contains information you have already seen, rather than ridicule the person asking for information or an opinion, why don't you just ignore the thread? It doesn't cost you a thing to be nice about it, and it may actually keep some of our long term members from moving on to less hostile pastures. Thanks
People Like This 
Old 10-01-2013, 10:57 AM   #34

Liked 1144 Times on 735 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
Hey, folks. How about a little courtesy for some of the newer members? To those of you that have been here for some time this might be a dead horse subject, but check the join date of the OP. He's been here since the end of last month. We have over 50 thousand members, over 88 thousand threads, and more than 1.3 million posts on this forum. Somewhere along the line we are going to duplicate something. If a thread contains information you have already seen, rather than ridicule the person asking for information or an opinion, why don't you just ignore the thread? It doesn't cost you a thing to be nice about it, and it may actually keep some of our long term members from moving on to less hostile pastures. Thanks
Thumbs Up. Make this guy a moderator. If he has children, make them moderators.

OC vs CC is like comparing apple's to oranges.

Some people feel it is like comparing a greyhound bus ride to a Lear Jet.

Last edited by AR10; 10-01-2013 at 11:02 AM.

Old 10-01-2013, 02:28 PM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3735 Times on 2288 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402
You're right Doc. The only reason I posted the picture I did is because I thought that an OC vs CC thread had just been going on somewhere, certainly while he has been a member. But now I can't find it, so I'd like to offer the OP an apology.

Now, in terms of my opinion of OC vs CC. I don't have a problem with either. I don't carry at all right now, being that I live in Kalifornia. But I have decided that if I ever live in a state that allows OC, I will do so and not think twice about it. I understand the arguments on both sides and I think they both have their merits. The reason I say I would OC without a thought if I could is because there is a specific gun I really like, that I don't own yet (but fully plan to!) which I would love to carry but it is far too large for concealed carry.

Again, I see the merits on both sides. I just don't personally believe there's enough of a reason for either to sway my opinion one way or the other.

I will say, however, there are certain types of retention holsters I'll be looking into if I ever OC. But I put a lot of thought into my concealed carry holsters, too.

Is that noncommittal enough? lol

Old 10-01-2013, 02:37 PM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

JW357,

If open carry ever does become legal around here I will still conceal, but it does open the door on what I will conceal. We now have a degree of protection in our laws concerning momentary accidental exposure. We still have to be careful about keeping things hidden for the most part. If OC becomes legal I would worry a lot less about whether my 4" Mod 66 is hanging out of cover when I sit down. Yeah, that's right. A 6 round wheel gun for self-defense. What is this world coming to?

Old 10-01-2013, 02:55 PM   #37

Liked 3634 Times on 2073 Posts
Likes Given: 2531

As I stated in an earlier thread, I OC only when in the woods hunting, and only in bear country.

I choose CC for daily carry because it gives me the element of surprise. And if militaries around the world consider the element of surprise so important, who am I to disagree?

Old 10-01-2013, 03:20 PM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3735 Times on 2288 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
JW357,

If open carry ever does become legal around here I will still conceal, but it does open the door on what I will conceal. We now have a degree of protection in our laws concerning momentary accidental exposure. We still have to be careful about keeping things hidden for the most part. If OC becomes legal I would worry a lot less about whether my 4" Mod 66 is hanging out of cover when I sit down. Yeah, that's right. A 6 round wheel gun for self-defense. What is this world coming to?
The gun I'm thinking about is a S&W TRR8. Slightly bigger than a model 66.

Old 10-01-2013, 03:25 PM   #39

Liked 1546 Times on 901 Posts
Likes Given: 2491

I'm gonna make one reply to offer some input, then I'm outta here, to avoid getting into the name-calling and bad-mouthing:
There are pro's and cons for open carry and concealed carry. In my lowly opinion, it depends on the environment and situation. I believe open carry is needed for cops and security people as a show of force and a deterrent to their being attacked. I believe that open carry in the boondocks when camping, hiking, and hunting is OK as long as there are not a bunch of people including young kids in the area. I believe that open carry is OK in an environment where it is commonplace and will not draw undue attention.
Concealed carry has its pros and cons. I believe concealed carry is best in an urban environment where there are many people around who would be scared or offended by open carry. Also, concealed carry in an urban environment can keep you from being the first person shot if you are in a store when the thugs come in to rob it.
So consider where, what, and why you'll be carrying, and make your decision for the best option under the circumstances.
wittmeba Likes This 
Old 10-01-2013, 03:38 PM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
I'm gonna make one reply to offer some input, then I'm outta here, to avoid getting into the name-calling and bad-mouthing:
There are pro's and cons for open carry and concealed carry. In my lowly opinion, it depends on the environment and situation. I believe open carry is needed for cops and security people as a show of force and a deterrent to their being attacked. I believe that open carry in the boondocks when camping, hiking, and hunting is OK as long as there are not a bunch of people including young kids in the area. I believe that open carry is OK in an environment where it is commonplace and will not draw undue attention.
Concealed carry has its pros and cons. I believe concealed carry is best in an urban environment where there are many people around who would be scared or offended by open carry. Also, concealed carry in an urban environment can keep you from being the first person shot if you are in a store when the thugs come in to rob it.
So consider where, what, and why you'll be carrying, and make your decision for the best option under the circumstances.
I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to report this post to the web police. You have flagrantly violated the rules against common sense on the internet.

Seriously, good job. When you have the option of open or concealed carry, think about where you are going and what you will be doing. Then decide on what is appropriate.