Open & Concealed Carry - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Open & Concealed Carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2011, 03:15 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
Florida recently passed a law that if your concealed weapon gets "flashed", you cannot get arrested for a misdemeanor. That is their version of "open carry".
Good for FL! It's about time. I glad for you, and I am not being a smart aleck.

Old 09-03-2011, 05:36 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1342 Times on 912 Posts
Likes Given: 1443

Both !!!!!!!!!

When all else fails.

Old 09-03-2011, 06:28 PM   #13

Liked 1012 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Opem carry could have its advantages but i would rather stay concealed. If i am somewhere and a robbery occurs i want the robber to think tht im just a docile scared citizen and no threat to him "or" them. I dont want to draw attention to myself tht way they will not worry about me and i can wait for my window

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 09-03-2011, 06:42 PM   #14

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
Opem carry could have its advantages but i would rather stay concealed. If i am somewhere and a robbery occurs i want the robber to think tht im just a docile scared citizen and no threat to him "or" them. I dont want to draw attention to myself tht way they will not worry about me and i can wait for my window
I totally agree! When I lived in NC before I received my CCW I opened carried and because people are ignorant and don't know the laws I found myself staring down the barrel of a police officers pistol. We squared the situation away but apparently the manager of Hardees thought I was going to rob her store in business casual clothes after I paid cash for my food!

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 09-03-2011, 07:38 PM   #15

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts

Default Texas

Open carry did not make it this past Legislative session, it will come up nect time surely but who knows if it will pass ?

The law was changed concerning Employer;s Parking Lots...If its in your locked vehicle.

Very few, a tiny percentage of Concealed Hundgun Licensees have ever had their licenses rescinded for breaking the rules. Many folks want Open Carry but we'll have to wait and see...I prefer to pack concealed, not out there for some zombie to grab !

NRA Lifer Since 1968
Former USMC
Former Texas NG

Old 09-04-2011, 02:25 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1035 Times on 623 Posts
Likes Given: 226

Long discussion in my conceal class (MI) today on this very topic.

If you intentionally show it, it could be considered brandishing. Accidental exposure, not brandishing. imprinting, not brandishing.

Old 09-04-2011, 03:59 AM   #17

Liked 1012 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux
Long discussion in my conceal class (MI) today on this very topic.

If you intentionally show it, it could be considered brandishing. Accidental exposure, not brandishing. imprinting, not brandishing.
Thts some useful information because sometimes slight exposure and imprinting especially is hard to help

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 09-05-2011, 01:50 AM   #18

Louisiana concealed hangun license was drafted as such because La had no law against open carry. Also no law allowing ccw until the 90's. Until recently the holder of a La ccw gave up the right ( privelege) of open carry. Now the law has been amended to allow choice. I sure didn' t want to coceal my snake gun while bow hunting or hiking in the woods, but would have needed to do so to comply .
Reality --442 S & W +P most all the time.