Open Carry vs Conceal Carry - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Open Carry vs Conceal Carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2013, 10:48 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1556 Times on 937 Posts
Likes Given: 357

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I have actually thought of a case in which MS's new open carry law would allow me to hold my pistol close in a situation that could potentially be safer with a pistol at hand. I buy ethanol-free fuel at a fairly ghetto gas station next to two poorly-lit areas of approach. Usually, I leave my pistol on my car seat when I am filling up, just within reach, sometimes with the door open. When OC passes, I guess I will just clip my designated car holster (generic large semi-auto size with extra mag holder) onto my front pocket.

So, once a week, I will feel a little safer for the ten minutes it takes me to fuel up.

I blame Obama for making buy safe fuel in the ghetto. (Ghetto is relative; this is in a small town with very few roving gangs of muggers; in my old neighborhood in Memphis, I kept one hand on a knife and my back to the car.)
Wouldn't you be safer if you always carried, and practiced the same way? I say, use the same gun the same way every day. If you do this, it is as easy and natural to access as your wrist watch.

Fumbling for a gun on your car seat could get you dead, unless you practice picking up you gun from your car seat, while pumping gas.

Old 06-03-2013, 10:59 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Wouldn't you be safer if you always carried, and practiced the same way? I say, use the same gun the same way every day. If you do this, it is as easy and natural to access as your wrist watch.

Fumbling for a gun on your car seat could get you dead, unless you practice picking up you gun from your car seat, while pumping gas.
Yes, it would be safer to carry all the time, for consistency, but up until July in MS, that would require a permit, whereas car carry (concealed or not) has been legal without a permit for some time here in MS. Since I almost always have my XD45 on my seat beside me when I am in the car, I am fairly familiar with getting a grip on it. I generally shove the car holster in between the seatback and the seatseat of the passenger seat while driving, to prevent shifting in turns.

I do plan to go ahead and get an enhanced concealed carry permit in the near future to allow carry, concealed carry, just about everywhere in MS.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 06-03-2013 at 11:01 PM.

Old 06-04-2013, 12:36 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 897 Times on 546 Posts
Likes Given: 202

It was the CC that was jumped. The OC who lived across the street stated the same thugs gave him wide berth.

And thank you to everyone keeping this civil so Windy doesn't have to use her super powers

Old 06-04-2013, 03:49 AM   #24

Liked 55 Times on 52 Posts

A time and a place for everything..

Old 06-04-2013, 04:46 AM   #25

Liked 70 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockRenegade View Post
A time and a place for everything..
As long as it is legal where you live then it is always "time and place" to open carry in unrestricted locations. Just have to learn to quit caring what all the idiots think.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:24 PM   #26

Liked 160 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHunter

As long as it is legal where you live then it is always "time and place" to open carry in unrestricted locations. Just have to learn to quit caring what all the idiots think.
No OC in Florida!!

Old 06-04-2013, 10:44 PM   #27

Liked 84 Times on 66 Posts

You may open carry in Florida as long as a)You are hunting b)fishing c)camping or d)gun range .However it has been my experience that at a gun range you are subject to range rules and may be asked not to oc.We are not in any other way allowed to oc in public.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:54 PM   #28

Liked 70 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 49

As I said as long as it is legal in your state. Always follow the the law but if its legal why not exercise that right all the time and tell the libs to go suck a dick

Old 06-04-2013, 11:52 PM   #29

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHunter View Post
As I said as long as it is legal in your state. Always follow the the law but if its legal why not exercise that right all the time and tell the libs to go suck a dick
The least I'm worried about is some gun hater. They can hate all they want. They have the right to not own a firearm. Now leave others to their business.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 06-05-2013, 12:11 AM   #30

Liked 160 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigArmored
You may open carry in Florida as long as a)You are hunting b)fishing c)camping or d)gun range .However it has been my experience that at a gun range you are subject to range rules and may be asked not to oc.We are not in any other way allowed to oc in public.
Lol you open carry into the ranges I go to and you might get shot, at the very least you will get a very rude welcome!! Most don't even want any loaded weapons on you at all, not even in carry case or bag!! To many drug store Cowboys in these parts!!