Open Carry vs Conceal Carry - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Open Carry vs Conceal Carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2013, 04:59 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Was it the open carrier, or the concealed carrier that the turd attempted to rob? I'm confused on that point.

Old 06-03-2013, 05:00 PM   #12

Liked 4791 Times on 2317 Posts
Likes Given: 1482

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I am watching this thread closely. We just recently closed a thread very, very similar to this because it got out of control. Please, stick to facts and keep it civil.
Not soooo close Winds... I've got "eyeball dents" poking out of my monitor! Geez!

Tack
Old 06-03-2013, 05:01 PM   #13

Quote:
I am watching this thread closely. We just recently closed a thread very, very similar to this because it got out of control. Please, stick to facts and keep it civil.
And yes, dear winds, I'll keep my cool.

I'm going to use my newfound mobile app "like.....", "dislike....", and "indifferent..." Powers.

So far, whole thread is "liked......"

For those not in the know, I'm freaking rabid on the subject of exercising your rights HOW THE HELL EVER any free man or woman sees fit.

Last edited by trip286; 06-03-2013 at 05:04 PM.
DrumJunkie Likes This 
Old 06-03-2013, 05:03 PM   #14

Liked 4791 Times on 2317 Posts
Likes Given: 1482

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Was it the open carrier, or the concealed carrier that the turd attempted to rob? I'm confused on that point.
I thought it was the CC'r who stopped the robbery...

I think the OP's point was that the OC'r was not targeted by the punk with the stun gun... the CC'r was.

Tack

Old 06-03-2013, 05:04 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post

I thought it was the CC'r who stopped the robbery...

I think the OP's point was that the OC'r was not targeted by the punk with the stun gun... the CC'r was.

Tack
That's what I was getting the impression of. It just seemed kinda confusing.

Old 06-03-2013, 06:06 PM   #16

Liked 243 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Does it matter ? Its all hear say and at best a one off thang. carry how you wish .

Old 06-03-2013, 07:54 PM   #17
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7142 Times on 4298 Posts
Likes Given: 8676

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
And yes, dear winds, I'll keep my cool.

I'm going to use my newfound mobile app "like.....", "dislike....", and "indifferent..." Powers.

So far, whole thread is "liked......"

For those not in the know, I'm freaking rabid on the subject of exercising your rights HOW THE HELL EVER any free man or woman sees fit.
Believe me, Trip. That warning was not just for you.

Old 06-03-2013, 08:02 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Open carry recently passed in MS and will be allowed beginning in July. I don't see many occasions for me to use it, but I will consider it an option when it would be appropriate. The only thing that worries me is that, of my friends, the people most happy to see it and willing to participate are not what I would consider the most......restraint-blessed or firearms safety-enthused people. I do wonder if it will cut down on robberies of convenience stores, since a potential thief will know that odds of Bubba beer buyer in the cooler packing heat are pretty high.

FTR, I did have a roommate named Bubba when I was in college, smart kid, became an architect IIRC. Now my Grandma's old neighbor "Dude", well her name seemed odd.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 06-03-2013, 08:47 PM   #19

Liked 1460 Times on 884 Posts
Likes Given: 339

OC is not the law of the land in Florida....yet. I can not for-see any circumstances where I would prefer to carry openly if/when they change the law. We are allowed to carry openly when fishing, hunting, camping, or while involved in shooting activities, or on the way to and from these activities, which covers about all of my needs. I just don't see me openly carrying at the grocery store.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 06-03-2013, 09:31 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I have actually thought of a case in which MS's new open carry law would allow me to hold my pistol close in a situation that could potentially be safer with a pistol at hand. I buy ethanol-free fuel at a fairly ghetto gas station next to two poorly-lit areas of approach. Usually, I leave my pistol on my car seat when I am filling up, just within reach, sometimes with the door open. When OC passes, I guess I will just clip my designated car holster (generic large semi-auto size with extra mag holder) onto my front pocket.

So, once a week, I will feel a little safer for the ten minutes it takes me to fuel up.

I blame Obama for making buy safe fuel in the ghetto. (Ghetto is relative; this is in a small town with very few roving gangs of muggers; in my old neighborhood in Memphis, I kept one hand on a knife and my back to the car.)

Dead Bears, the only good kind.