Open Carry vs Conceal Carry - Page 10
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Open Carry vs Conceal Carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2013, 07:02 PM   #91
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 459 Times on 315 Posts
Likes Given: 140

I understand what you are saying, I am not sure what the law it here regards showing ID to the police, normally I would show ID if asked. Security is going to be tight here over the next few weeks I will be getting stopped and asked for ID plenty refusing to show it could cause me a load of hassle I don't need.

PS Your President is coming to visit us.

Quote:
In addition to the summit itself, US President Barack Obama is to visit Belfast for what the White House describes as an opportunity “to highlight the hard work, dialogue, and institutional development the people of Northern Ireland have undertaken together”.
Quote:
G8 summit in Fermanagh will put Northern Ireland under security lockdown

Miles-long fence and roadside checkpoints among measures to protect world leaders

Old 06-10-2013, 07:09 PM   #92

Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
I understand what you are saying, I am not sure what the law it here regards showing ID to the police, normally I would show ID if asked. Security is going to be tight here over the next few weeks I will be getting stopped and asked for ID plenty refusing to show it could cause me a load of hassle I don't need.

PS Your President is coming to visit us.
Can you guys KEEP HIM? Maybe for like another 3 years or so?

We'd sure appreciate it!

Tack
Old 06-10-2013, 07:10 PM   #93
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
I've not seen any OCer wearing full tac gear and 16 magazines?...
Tack
Dude must've had some bad ass camo!

In MS, we are allowed concealed/unconcealed car carry without a permit (I love and mention it often). It occurred to me the other night as I was pulling away from a "drivers' license check"/roadblock about 1AM that I had forgotten to put a shirt over my XD45 (in holster with mag pocket) laying on the passenger seat; I try to remember to cover it as part of my pre-roadblock routine (sip of cola, cover gun, inside lights on, free ID from iphone wallet, SMILE). Then I thought back a few nights and remembered having the same realization the last time I went through the late-night road block. I think those boys are embarrassed to comment on a OD green pistol, haters.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 06-10-2013 at 07:21 PM.
DrFootball Likes This 
Old 06-10-2013, 07:17 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Dude must've had some bad ass camo!
...or TRIPP mistook the responding SWAT officer for the OC activist standing behind him!

Tack

Old 06-10-2013, 07:19 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post

We'd sure appreciate it!

Tack
...on second thought... the UK probably already has TOO MANY North African refugees...

Tack
Old 06-10-2013, 07:21 PM   #96
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 459 Times on 315 Posts
Likes Given: 140

Quote:

We'd sure appreciate it!
It wouldn't be fair for us to keep him. Look what happened when Piers Morgan went to America you kept him and we appreciate that.

Old 06-10-2013, 09:40 PM   #97

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
It wouldn't be fair for us to keep him. Look what happened when Piers Morgan went to America you kept him and we appreciate that.
Not funny man, we've been trying to give that freaking idiot back for a while. He's like a nasty booger, gets stuck to your finger and no matter what you do you just can't shake him off.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:53 AM   #98

Liked 181 Times on 134 Posts

Ive been looking around with little luck for some good reading on how to respond to people when open carrying and they act scared or gawk at my firearm. I want to show them how it's a good thing. Id also like to be able to have a reasonable response to an officer harassing me about oc'ing. Basically, I never paid attentions in history class and don't know how to "respectfully" enforce my rights lol

Old 06-11-2013, 10:21 AM   #99

Liked 176 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 165

I've been wondering the same thing, maybe just act polite and try not to draw attention? I'm at a loss

We must always fear evil men, but there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most... And that is the indifference of good men!

Old 06-11-2013, 11:14 AM   #100
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2930 Times on 1703 Posts
Likes Given: 1748

We as citizens of the United States of America do indeed have many freedoms and rights, guaranteed by our constitution. Too often they are infringed upon by overzealous, well meaning and/or not so well meaning elected and appointed government officials.

Along with those rights, we also have responsibilities, not spelled out in any document, that are necessary for the continuation and advancement of a free society. ( I know there are many here who will argue the course that our country is travelling. Not the intent of this post) We as responsible, law abiding citizens must shoulder the burden of representing firearms owners, if not in a positive light, at least, in a thoughtful and restrained way.

We will not attract fellow citizens and elected officials to our views, if we are just a$$holes with guns. (Yes, I know it is your right to be an a$$hole!) Restraint, judicious use of OC, politeness and reasoned discussion are our allies. No one wants to deal with or side with ranting idiots that they may see as dangerous. ( Yes, I know your right....)

I do know that there are times when heated debate, fist pounding and even revolt are necessary, that is not usually the case in day-to-day life. If it is prudent and lawful for you to OC, then by God do it. If it is prudent and lawful for you to CC, then by God do it.

Like it or not everyday of our lives we represent gun owners, and everyday of our lives we have a responsibility and opportunity to effect change, we get the choice in how we affect others views of gun owners.

We are all biodegradable.

Ruger, don't leave home without it.
People Like This