open carry in a theatre got dude hassled, court says he was OK, hassle bad. - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > open carry in a theatre got dude hassled, court says he was OK, hassle bad.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2009, 03:57 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Bigguns911,
I do underfstand how the training, and legal knowledge go for the PD. The majority of offices here carry 2 books in the trunk. The SC case law book, and the SC DOT regulations book. There's a great deal to remember, even to try and look up a code is rediculous.
I have had some just wrong stuff done to me just because i carry.
I was pulled by DNR officers to inspect the deer on my cargo rack, as I was headed to the processor. The deer was legal, and I was actually in a great mood untill the officers gave me a hard time.
They asked to see my weapon to check the #'s, I complied. The officer unloaded it, popped the mag out, and emptied it into his pocket. My weapon was not stolen, and checked out, so I was given all my info back, and told to have a good nite. "officer, my weapon!" he walks back up to my hood, and pulls the slide off my glock, removed the barell & spring. He placed the handle, slide, and empty mag on the hood. Then throws the pocket full of ammo out in the road, and barell & spring off on the shoulder. Told me I better watch where I hunt from now on! Then he hopps in his truck and drives off!
It took all the constraint in my blood not to react how I wanted to!

I do wish that officers would be held accountable for their actions, but that's not a strong point here. It's getting better, but that takes time. It's not easy with a sheriff like our's.
Missing girl's mother questions conversation with Sheriff Metts - WIS News 10 - Columbia, South Carolina |
More here.
The Jessie Gutierrez Story
He's just a bully, as is the court system in this county.
I can't find it right now, but the sherrif recently made a statement in reguards to this and a few other issues with him, and the department.

"I'm J.R. Metts! I don't care what any one thinks, especially the county councill. I'm an elected official, and do not answer to the councill, so their opinion makes no difference to me. Ican only be removed from office by SLED (south carolina law enforcement devision) and untill they do, everyone can kiss my @$$"

Our governor is no better!
Sanford's Speeding Car Escapes Ticket - CBS News

NEVER argue with an IDIOT!!!
They will only drag you down to their level,
and then beat you with experience!

Old 10-10-2009, 01:04 AM   #22

You have got to love the south. I do not see much of this kind of stuff in the WA area. I suspect we are held to a higher standard when being looked at for the job. I had to do a polly, physiological, written and oral board, physical and health test. Than I had to sit down with the Sheriff and answer his Q's before he gave me a job. Then I had to do 5.5 months in an academy and 1 year of probation. That's a hole lot of stuff just to have a job that most people do not like you for. But all in all I would not do anything other then this. It is very cool when a kid looks a you with big eyes. When you get to do good things for people then they thank you for it.

Like I said there are good cop and not such good cops and then there are down right $hity cops. Stay safe and keep supporting the good ones.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:52 AM   #23

What, and go into a courtroom with the sherrif of knottingham?

Just a tidbit of what the county court is like....
The judges are all good ole drinkin card playin buddies with the sherrif, and its all up to him, and the devil! 1 local criminal lawyer once told me that the fate of 90% of men are settled in a local resturant between the sherrif, judge, and prosecutor.

It's a sad state of affairs to be so bleak.

NEVER argue with an IDIOT!!!
They will only drag you down to their level,
and then beat you with experience!

Old 10-27-2009, 01:12 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 52

I once had a problem with a gentleman at a local restaurant here in my home town. I went to eat after a long day at the range and was not in the mood to cook dinner. When we entered the restaurant I notice a man in his mid-40's watching me. He went and complained to the manager that I was carrying a weapon. The manager and I have know each other for over 10yrs., we have hunted and fished together so our families KNEW each other. He assured the man that I was not a problem and informed him that my family and I (5 kids and my wife) were frequent customers there.

The manager came to my table and informed me that the gentleman was concerned about my carrying a handgun. I told him (Brian) that I had no problem putting my weapon in my truck. I proceeded to remove my weapon a Sig P229 in 9mm and place it in my truck and returned to my meal when Brian came over to the table visually upset that the gentleman would not drop the subject.
Brian informed me that the gentleman had call the police. I told Brian that I would wait outside for the police to come so I would not cause a scene in the restaurant.

As I left the restaurant the gentleman followed me outside trying to engage me in conversation about why he did what he did. I politely asked him to wait by the door until the officers arrived. After the LEO's arrived they asked for all the required information and to see my weapon. I had no problems helping the LEO's, after about 5-10 min they informed the gentleman that I was within my right to OC and left it at that. This was before I got my CCW. Come to find out the gentleman was from Kalifornia so go figure.