Open Carry Laws - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

Open Carry Laws

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2014, 10:16 AM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3729 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall View Post
Sometimes common sense is worth more than any stat sheet! Strictly my opinion as well!
That's funny, I'm pretty sure the "common sense" argument was what Obama and a couple congressmen tried to use to push more gun control laws following Sandy Hook.
People Like This 
Old 03-17-2014, 11:04 AM   #32

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

In NC it is technically legal to open carry a long gun. However, you probably won't make it two blocks before you are charged with armed to the terror of the public. Many states have similar laws as NC. Open carry of a long gun is not as legal as one might think.

Old 03-17-2014, 11:20 AM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4368 Times on 2951 Posts
Likes Given: 2188

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
Therein lies the problem. One person's yoots is another person's hero's. What is the definition of a yoot anyways? (LOL)

You may not like what they are saying, but you better defend their right to say it. Or your gun rights will disappear as fast as your right to free speech.

Jim
I can't see who's hero is an armed street gang member, except for the likes of him. Picture an open carrying flash mob downtown Chicago. The Constitution is not a suicide pact.

Old 03-17-2014, 03:53 PM   #34

Liked 331 Times on 263 Posts
Likes Given: 36

I like the common sense thing too but for me it leans toward iwb or owb but with a cover . No advertising to scare some bunny/ treehugging scarred type and getting the cops all up in a fluster with a 911 call about some grizzly adams look'n guy with a large handgun.

We should not always do what is legal just because it can be done. Gotta use common sense too. How you carry can keep a normal BG away from you but some meth head see's a nice high profit gun on you he may wait for that just right moment to beat your skull in from behind or slide a knife into you from behind to get your handgun. As aware as we all think we are that can still happen.

Carry how you want , just don't become a preacher that OC the only way or the smartest way to carry all the time.
towboater Likes This 
Old 03-17-2014, 04:27 PM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
I like the common sense thing too but for me it leans toward iwb or owb but with a cover . No advertising to scare some bunny/ treehugging scarred type and getting the cops all up in a fluster with a 911 call about some grizzly adams look'n guy with a large handgun.

We should not always do what is legal just because it can be done. Gotta use common sense too. How you carry can keep a normal BG away from you but some meth head see's a nice high profit gun on you he may wait for that just right moment to beat your skull in from behind or slide a knife into you from behind to get your handgun. As aware as we all think we are that can still happen.

Carry how you want , just don't become a preacher that OC the only way or the smartest way to carry all the time.
That's true. Exposing my gun in public makes me a great target of opportunity. Agree or not with OC in principle, it is a bad choice in most social settings. BTW we talking deliberate OC, not an occasional peekaboo incident with a CCW.

Old 03-17-2014, 04:35 PM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1341 Times on 793 Posts
Likes Given: 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
That's true. Exposing my gun in public makes me a great target of opportunity.
And still, no documented evidence for the red herring.
People Like This 
Old 03-17-2014, 04:40 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
And still, no documented evidence for the red herring.
I think it is because open carry is not common among civilians. There are many documented cases of human turds going after cops' handguns.

Old 03-17-2014, 05:04 PM   #38

Liked 120 Times on 92 Posts

Quote:
I think it is because open carry is not common among civilians. There are many documented cases of human turds going after cops' handguns.

Yep, I remember a while back a cop getting killed for his weapon. While this hardly ever happens it's still that 1 in 300,000,000 chance.

Never enough guns or ammo

Old 03-17-2014, 05:11 PM   #39
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
i will ask you the same question as i asked Mahill. you are more than welcome to post any proof or evidence with links to support the statement that OCing makes a person more of a target in a hostile situation.
People Like This 
Old 03-17-2014, 05:31 PM   #40

Liked 120 Times on 92 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
i will ask you the same question as i asked Mahill. you are more than welcome to post any proof or evidence with links to support the statement that OCing makes a person more of a target in a hostile situation.

I highly doubt there is proof of this axxe55, but it is possible. But then again it possible the tree you park under one day decides to drop a branch and kill you, or you go to sleep and get swallowed by a sink hole and wake up half way to china. Anything is possible, but I doubt the percentage this happens is hardly worth this being a reason to not oc

Never enough guns or ammo

Closed Thread