Open Carry Laws - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Open Carry Laws

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2014, 06:41 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 158 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Good info! I OC all of the time because at 5'4" and 130 lbs kinda hard to find a place to truly CC. But then again I am from AZ, and being the Wild west and all, lots of people OC. I am certainly not John Wayne, nor am I making a fashion statement (well my holster is pink, does that count?) but I do believe in my right to protect myself if need be. I hope it never comes to that but then again over the last month there has been a shooting in a WalMart, 7-11 and last night an armed robbery of a grocery store so I never EVER leave home without it.

Guess I would rather live and explain to the police how I was in fear for my life and was forced to defend myself than lay there dying or raped wishing I would of had it.

To each there own, I see people carrying their guns and they look like they have no earthly right to own a firearm, but then again I see stupid drivers everyday too but they still have a car and are driving it. I get asked regularly if my gun is a Glock 40 (no it is a Beretta 9mm) and said person will go on to tell me about their buddy's Glock, I just smile and move on.

Old 03-14-2014, 06:41 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 694 Times on 327 Posts
Likes Given: 414

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Any other states besides wisconsin with oc written into the state constitution??
Mississippi:

http://www.sos.ms.gov/links/ed_pubs/pubs/Mississippi_Constitution.pdf

1890 Constitution of Mississippi

Adopted November 1, A.D. 1890.

ARTICLE 3 – BILL OF RIGHTS
Sec. 12. The right of every citizen to keep and bear arms in defense of his home, person or property, or in aid of the civil power when thereto legally summoned, shall not be called in question, but the legislature may regulate or forbid carrying concealed weapons.

Last edited by ellis36; 03-14-2014 at 06:43 PM. Reason: add link
People Like This 
Old 03-14-2014, 07:39 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2014 Times on 1191 Posts
Likes Given: 971

Quote:
Any other states besides wisconsin with oc written into the state constitution??
CO is unique in that the state constitution specifically prohibits CC. In 1876 only the 'bad guys' CC, real men 'wore' their guns!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 03-14-2014, 10:41 PM   #14

Liked 2611 Times on 1179 Posts
Likes Given: 2531

Quote:
Ohio's constitution is the same plus municipalities can't make gun control laws that violate the Ohio constitution.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:26 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
Source: http://smartgunlaws.org/open-carrying-policy-summary/
Open Carrying of Handguns: Only six states, California, Florida, Illinois, New York, South Carolina, and Texas, as well as the District of Columbia, prohibit the open carrying of handguns in public places. Thirty-one states allow the open carrying of a handgun without any license or permit, although in some cases the gun must be unloaded. Thirteen states require some form of license or permit in order to openly carry a handgun.
Not quite true about Florida. Open carry is permitted going to, from, and during the following activities unless otherwise posted:
Range trips
Camping
Hunting
Fishing

Printing is no longer a major consideration and inadvertent momentary exposure of the firearm is no longer an issue.

Your website is over one year out of date. This is the danger of getting legal information off the internet. Laws change on a regular basis. If you're going to carry you need to know what the law is, not what the law was.

Old 03-17-2014, 03:16 AM   #16

Liked 112 Times on 84 Posts

Default Open Carry Laws

I wish all states had constitutional carry. As it only makes since to me. Why do we have to pay for our right to carry guns concealed? Oh I know, $$$$$$$. By the way I mean loaded guns. I hear of states passing constitutional carry laws for unloaded gun which is about as useless as boobs on a boy

Never enough guns or ammo

Last edited by jjones45; 03-17-2014 at 03:19 AM.

Old 03-17-2014, 03:31 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones45 View Post
which is about as useless as boobs on a boy
You DO mean "useful," right?

Always have clean socks.

Old 03-17-2014, 03:35 AM   #18

Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
To those who live (mentally) in the 21st century, OC is all but useless. It's mostly a demo (like showing muscle in a "wife beater" shirt), or a fashion statement (I am John Wayne), or outright intimidation. As a civilian, CCW makes infinitely more sense. That said, OC in particular, and stupid behavior in general, are constitutional.
Blanket statements like the could be described as stupid... My friend.

I CC every day, everywhere. All of my time is spent between WA and OR and should I ever feel threatened Id have no problem removing my cover garment to let aggressors know that attacking me is the equivalent of starting a gun fight.

OC deters attacks... It's why uniformed LEO's open carry.

Given your statement, I officially challenge you to find documented cases where citizens OCING guns were targeted by criminals.

Tack
Old 03-17-2014, 03:39 AM   #19
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21723 Times on 12313 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
John to keep it shirt, I would stick to CCW just to keep OC unavailable to those yoots.
so you feel it's alright to restrict someone's rights simply because of your opinions about OCing?

gee i am sure glad they are not allowing you to make laws.

there is no telling what you would do the 2nd amendment.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:25 AM   #20

Liked 160 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default Open Carry Laws

I don't know! How we carry is as opinionated as what we carry! I do know this, if I'm Mr bad guy, robbing a convenient store, bank or any other place of business, I'm taking "Mr Responsible citizens" that has a big 1911 strapped on his side for the world and me to see out first. Personally, I think CC holds more advantages or gives me a better chance to survive a threat than OC! To me, the element of surprise, far out weighs any advantages OC might have! OC Just puts a big bullseye on our backs! Why mark or flag priority targets for BG? Remember, similar to the way we train, they are going to take out obvious targets that poses the biggest threat to there agenda. Hunting, fishing and the 1805 Wild West is great for OC! But 2014 urban America? I'm not feeling it! Just my opinion!!

Like guns, love people!!

Last edited by mahall; 03-17-2014 at 05:37 AM.
towboater Likes This 
Closed Thread