Open Carry Laws - Page 12
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Open Carry Laws

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2014, 02:13 PM   #111
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 419 Times on 236 Posts
Likes Given: 865

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
No, I wasn't going to say that. You shouldn't assume. You know what they say about that.

Anyway, since you seem to know what I am going to say, there's no sense in me butting in. I'll let you keep up both ends of the conversation. Have a magical day
Is that not your argument? Your argument is that OC could make you a target, and now you have a couple cases that support your side. I'm simply trying to explain that OC is more likely to stop a crime from ever happening than it is to make you a target.

Sorry if you misunderstood.

Franklin

Last edited by Franklin1995; 03-20-2014 at 02:16 PM.

Old 03-20-2014, 03:03 PM   #112

Liked 112 Times on 84 Posts

You know what's funny about these disagreements, the fact we all really believe in gun rights and can't even agree to disagree without insults and getting all defensive. We expect to gain more ground and convert those who are in limbo over guns and rights and they look at this and see we can't even have a civilized debate. Opinions are just that and we all have a right to it. Anything can and will happen time to time, that's Murphy's Law but that does not mean you are a mark for a BG because you open carry. Also any smart man knows that the element of surprise is an advantage but keen awareness is more important. That's my opinion

Never enough guns or ammo

Old 03-20-2014, 03:16 PM   #113

Liked 112 Times on 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
I posted a link to a story about a man carrying concealed whose gun was taken from him too. JJ's response to that was it wasn't the bad guys intent to take the gun. I'm sure that is a great comfort to the guy who got his gun stolen. Bad things can and do happen, we all have to deal with it the way we think is best. The only other choice is to live your life in fear. Truth be told we are in far more danger driving to get our permits than we will ever be from bad guys.

My point was he was obviously targeted for his gun since they snuck up behind him and beat him on the head, snatched and ran off with his gun. The other guy was mugged and searched for anything valuable. There is a difference here. One was targeted for his weapon particularly and the other was not. Now at the end of the day they both had their weapons taken so I guess it doesn't matter. However the guy open carrying might not be missing a gun or had been attacked if he had it concealed or maybe not. First of all we can't think like a criminal or rationalize what's going on in their heads because we are not criminals. Some might risk it all and some might take the chance on the better odds.Whether you guys want to admit it or not there is no right or wrong answer here.

Never enough guns or ammo

Old 03-20-2014, 03:55 PM   #114

Liked 243 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 22

This tread reads like a 3 man piss'n contest. Just kinda of funny to watch from a distance.

Old 03-20-2014, 04:41 PM   #115
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones45 View Post
You know what's funny about these disagreements, the fact we all really believe in gun rights and can't even agree to disagree without insults and getting all defensive. We expect to gain more ground and convert those who are in limbo over guns and rights and they look at this and see we can't even have a civilized debate.
I think this is well said.

And I'm guilty of it at times too. I'll try and do better.

Always have clean socks.

Old 03-20-2014, 07:42 PM   #116
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall View Post
Everyone wants proof and links? I don't get where our own brains and God giving reasoning skills got devalued to the point we look at a stat sheet long before our gut tells us what's best! Carry however you feel is best suited to help you survive a threat! If you OC, you should print some T-shirts that Read "I'm carrying a gun" might make some money along the way! Bumper stickers, hats, heck an enterprise might be created! As for myself, I would not advertise by OC, even if I could!

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk
Sounds like a piss poor argument from someone who CAN'T find any proof to back up their statements.

If what you say is true, then their should be proof of it out there. Enough people OC that you should be able to find proof of this happening.

We've been down this road many times. There is no proof, because what you say is not true. Call it "common sense" all you want, it's still not true.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 03-20-2014 at 07:45 PM.
People Like This 
Old 03-20-2014, 08:15 PM   #117
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5662 Times on 2957 Posts
Likes Given: 375

You guys can continue this in the controversy section if you wish. Its gotten to far afield delving into each other's psyches to continue. Too much to remove so its done.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Closed Thread