Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   open carry in indiana (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/open-carry-indiana-4451/)

dragunovsks 05-14-2008 08:23 PM

open carry in indiana
 
I have a gun permit in indiana (the pink one), it doesn't specifically say "concealed", and www.uscarry.com says indiana residents can open carry with a recognized permit. Is this the permit they are referring to?

Jay 05-14-2008 09:17 PM

yes...... you can open carry in Indiana with a License to Carry a Handgun. The Indiana code does not mention/prohibit it, so it is legal.

dragunovsks 05-14-2008 09:37 PM

Thanx man, that was a quick reply.

Taipan 04-22-2009 06:19 PM

Indiana Open Carry
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay (Post 24041)
yes...... you can open carry in Indiana with a License to Carry a Handgun. The Indiana code does not mention/prohibit it, so it is legal.

Their is a "However" here...When the cops respond to the "man with a gun call", you WILL be put on the ground, cuffed, and questioned before you are released to go on your merry way.

Jay 04-22-2009 08:14 PM

Quote:

you WILL be put on the ground, cuffed, and questioned before you are released to go on your merry way.
It's a distinct possibility, but not always. Carrying legally for over 40 years, I've seen it go both ways. The choice to open carry is, obviously a choice. How you conduct yourself when/if the police arrive, goes a long way towards how they will act. I've had this discussion with local, county, and state officers over the years. See how the officers in your area feel about it.

Taipan 04-23-2009 05:11 PM

Excellent response Jay...GO NAVY!!!

Jay 04-23-2009 08:30 PM

If you have prior, or current military service, thanks for serving. If you have no military service, then don't presume to banter inter-service rivalries about with those who have....... you don't rate it.

rugermike 04-23-2009 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay (Post 98364)
If you have prior, or current military service, thanks for serving. If you have no military service, then don't presume to banter inter-service rivalries about with those who have....... you don't rate it.

Why to additude?:confused:
I appreciate all any have done.

BILLYBOB44 04-25-2009 03:27 AM

Indiana Carry Permits
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dragunovsks (Post 24028)
I have a gun permit in indiana (the pink one), it doesn't specifically say "concealed", and www.uscarry.com says indiana residents can open carry with a recognized permit. Is this the permit they are referring to?

drag, there are two handgun permits in Indiana; Personal Protection, and Target Permit. The Personal Protection is good for any carry, subject to the local/federal limitations. The Target Permit is good for transportation to and from the target range-unloaded and cased of course. I personally do not open carry on the street. To me it kind of reeks of a Bad-A@@ attitude to the public. I would rather be known as Silent but Deadly, than Open and Hassled. In the woods, and some fishing holes, are the only places that you will see me observing Open Carry.:D;)

LegatoRedrivers 04-25-2009 08:44 PM

Indiana makes no distinction between open and concealed carry, if you have a carry licence, it's your choice.

Personally, though, I feel like if you're open-carrying around town you might as well be wearing a sandwich board that reads, "Criminals Shoot Me First!"

BTW, don't you love how those things come? Printed on a pink piece of paper; you have to cut it out and laminate it yourself...they could at least spring for card stock with how much it costs you to get one...:rolleyes:


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:20 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.