Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > open carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2012, 04:36 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Default open carry

im hearing conflicting stories, but can a 18 year old open carry a handgun in virginia if it was gifted to you from your dad?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-23-2012, 04:57 AM   #2

I actually just learned that 18 is legal to open carry in same restriction of gift or family registered in PA.

I do have a further question to an open carry. Although it says i can do this, Im 24 and own my pistol but heres my question. While open carry is legal is it still legal to have one in chamber?

Old 12-23-2012, 05:05 AM   #3

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by modern_sniper View Post
I actually just learned that 18 is legal to open carry in same restriction of gift or family registered in PA.

I do have a further question to an open carry. Although it says i can do this, Im 24 and own my pistol but heres my question. While open carry is legal is it still legal to have one in chamber?
well what about revolvers? could you have all 6 in the cylinder?

Old 12-23-2012, 05:18 AM   #4

This is true. Just worries me still because its such a sensitive subject, especially without an actual license to carry even though its legal I guess, so thats all that matters.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:30 AM   #5

Liked 268 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I dont know about your state but in Michigan its absolutely legal to open carry with a round in the chamber. A unloaded gun is useless, I would look into your states laws on that.

Old 12-23-2012, 10:09 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7615 Times on 3315 Posts
Likes Given: 1130

First- do I look like a lawyer to you? OK- now that THAT is settled- the law varies from one state to another. You need to know the law for YOUR state.

The original question related to Virginia, open carry, handgun, 18 yr old. This answer applies ONLY to those things.

Open carry is allowed in Virginia. No permit is required to carry IF NOT CONCEALED. Certain places you cannot carry- open or concealed- courts, prisons, schools. An 18 yr old CAN possess and open carry a firearm, including a handgun. They cannot purchase handgun ammo (Federal law applies)

My bill for legal services is in the mail. I also accept beer.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.